For Those Planning On Fitting Hid/xenon

If you were to import a jap wrx/sti with hid lights then they don`t come with headlamp washers or auto levelling (i think) but they will still pass the sva test to say they are suitable for use in this country.

How can they then penalise you for having the same spec headlight as the jap car that is deemed fit for purpose ?

As said before if they are aligned properly and don`t dazzle under normal use then I don`t see the problem.

Lets face it, SVA Testing is a joke anyways. The amount of ***** that ive seen passed through places is unbelieveable. HID is the last thing to worry about the cars that are rolling outta there.

as i was told by the dvla ' the sva is only there to prove that it is what it is , the mot is there to prove it is road legal'

that was while i was going thru the motions of registering a kit car .

will just have to come up with a mod to allow auto levelling and headlight washers then you can tell them its road legal.

saw a hawkeye ecu for controlling the auto levelling of the lights on ebay but not sure how easy it would be to incorporate in a blob.

ah well at least when you can`t see where you are going you can be smug in the fact that you are at least legal :)