Bitz Motorsport Nairn

Evening all, after the Rallye day in keith last summer and talking the owner of Bitz i've booked the scoob in for an oil change on the engine, gearbox and diffs for next week.

Just wondering if anyone's used them before. One of the guys i work with used to co-drive one of the rally cars they ran and he swears by them - but he does drive a rover 75.....

As they build the Murtaya and rally cars i'm guessing they aren't bad. :lol:

Not dealt with them much as yet.. Went up a few months ago looking for parts but couldn't help me out.. :lol: I think ScoobyDoom got them to do a couple things with his car. I was considering asking them to do my next service (little overdue) but havent got roudn to it yet... Scooby spent more time off the road than on it since Rrrallyee :lol:

I'm in the same mind that they run their own impreza's in the SRC so It'd be a safe assumption they know their way aroudn them..

Let us know how you get on with them! Also see of they are still building the Murtaya.. Since andreneline motorsport wen't belly up late last year :lol:

They're still working on the murtaya according to my work mate it's being built around an old rally car chassis and the plan is to use it in the Scottish Tarmac rally series. Should be rather quick.

Didn't we get an agreement on a discount off them, i can't remeber what was agreed?

My service is about 2,000 miles overdue but it just breezed through the MOT and it had the brakes and coolant done at the last service when i bought it, so i'll do the air/pollen filters and let them do the oil's. It is due the 60,000 but it had new brakes and fluid and the coolant was changed when they did the timing belt so i don't see the point in getting it all done again.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Didn't we get an agreement on a discount off them, i can't remeber what was agreed?

Yeah think there was a 10% discount managed for SIDC Members :lol:

... Just found it:

"Dave has been good enough to offer a 10% discounted labour rate (£36 instead of £40) for all SIDC members on production of a valid membership card."

Thanks to ScoobyDoom for arranging this :lol:

After talking to Dave last year i figured he knew what he was doing. Carl at work says he'd trust him to do anything and i haven't heard anyone say anything but good things about him and Bitz. All sounds good and easier than a trip to AWD in Perth.

Just need pay day to roll on by before i visit..... Even an oil change ain't cheap on a scooby. :thumbup:

Job done this morning. £205 for the engine, gearbox and diff oils, including fully synthetic oil for the gearbox at £10 a litre. Also included a full check of the car, wheel balance and brake inspection (some more work needed there), tyre pressures, coolant and brake fluid checked, all locks and hinges lube'd. Oh and SIDC members get a discount on labour costs.

Can't be faulted. I'll be back.