Does Anyone Know How To Price An Impreza...?

So ok,

Started having a more in depth look at prices and specs of the newages to get a grasp of what their worth. First off I've looked at a 56 Hawkeye WRX Wagon with 29,000 on the clock. Car is absolutely immaculate and at a reasonable price of 9,995.

Came home and had a look at Autotrader and theres a very similar 56 Hawkeye WRX Wagon with 65,000 on the clock for 9,995. Now the latter has PPP, but SURELY that does'nt make any sense. I appreciate it has springs, ecu etc etc but in your own honest opinion, if you had both standing together would the lower mileage car need seem more appealing or am I being a complete trumpet...?

I would take the lower millage one and add to it if/when I wanted to. Since you have a lower millage car then surely the life will be preserved if it's serviced correctly and looked after so that would be a more attractive buy.

Prices have been £4k apart as i've just sold my 2003 STi with PPP. Some have gone for £6k others up for over £10k. There is a big difference to what the car is advertised at and what it actually goes for though.

I've never seen such a variation in price for Impreza's as I have with the newages. When I bought my classic it was easy. It just seems as if people are reckoning "Ive got an SS zorst on mine so it must be worth a couple grand more".

I understand that highly modified cars, perfromance wise will go for more than the norm but cars that are still pretty standard have such a variation that it seems as if people are just making up prices and saying "Aye that'll do, stick that down".

Buying an Impreza should be fun, not ruddy frustrating...might buy an Evo ;)

Now your talking me to again I'll reply ;)

Me personally I'd go for the lower mileage one, for mainly just that reason. ppp is a nice extra thing to have but you know if you start "changing things" you'd do it differently from that way anyways. You know where to look and what you're looking for when it comes to upgrading any way Stewarty.

Don't forget haggle hard if you're going to buy.

Now your talking to me again I'll reply ;)

Cheeky Barsteward,

Yeah I'm fairly capable when it comes to choosing upgrades etc.

Just cant believe some peoples reactions when I say to them "Yeah mate, your at it with the price". Its as if i've tripped over and slung it in their wife. They honestly believe that when the car is on 70,000 its worth every penny as it was the day it was born, therefore 10 grand for a UK300 Bugeye is a friggin bargain!

I reckon we now live in an age where we've become so attached to our beloved cars, that when it comes to sell it, it's as if we're selling a kidney or our first born and become incredibly overprotective.

Anyways, rant over! Anyone recommend me a dealership car around and under 10k!? Scoobyseller, are you out there...?

TBH i would not waste my money buying another scoob as they're not holding their value i bought my 95 555sti wagon for 4500 fresh import with 30000miles on the clock put a futher 6500 in to it tried sellin it for 4500 and got nothing so i chopped said car up scoobs are worthless now

me personally i'd go with what book price is for a standard car whether car ur looking at is modded or not and take cash off for cars with more than average mileage for year..... i count that as 10,000 a year.... i do on average 7,000 if i'm lucky.....

as far as service history goes then if its got full service history (dealer stamped) then its book price.... part history gets classed as having none.....

as far as scoobs being worth feck all i'd kinda agree......

i got my 00 plate scoob classic sport wagon with full dealer stamped history and and all available factory add ons only 48,000 on the clock with 1 owner for £1000 and that car was as fresh as the day it rolled off the production line...ashtray had never been used and you could have eaten your breakfast off the underneath...

at the same time though i disagree cos there's classics out there on 98 plates pulling 3 or £4000 with a few light mods...depends on the market i suppose.....