New Addition To The Family

We decided to add a new member to our family this week in the way of a Puppy bitch Rottweiler to join our 6 year old dog

So after a small amount of looking for a puppy we luckily found one available from VARENKA ROTTWEILERS the top UK Breeders 2008 & 2009 with loads of award wining pedigree in her family most recent her dad just won top UK rottweiler 2009!

Our first meeting with her, "would you take me home" well how couldn't we!

SAM_3440.jpg

First impressions, Now she's the boss

SAM_3494.jpg

Getting to know her way round her new home

SAM_3486.jpg

Oooops bath time already, stood in my own wee

SAM_3479.jpg

Here's Baillie our 6 year old male

SAM_3436.jpg

Some more pics

SAM_3566.jpg

SAM_3546.jpg

SAM_3539.jpg

Edited by notsosmall
I've been looking on there for years and wanting another one but wanted a puppy in the end

We told them to let us know when they had a pup available and it took a time but in the end we got one - not weeks old but still a pup. Noticed late last year they had a litter for adoption though.

We told them to let us know when they had a pup available and it took a time but in the end we got one - not weeks old but still a pup. Noticed late last year they had a litter for adoption though.

Really :( i never noticed that.

But then again i wanted one from a reliable breeder with proof of good hip scores

My 6 year old male has hip dysplasia and in the future there will be a lot of heart ache when he gets arthritis and that's why i paid top money for her

Im considering getting another one of these one problem being she spends the evenings like this

07012010038.jpg

And when we go to bed we get this

07012010039.jpg

Brilliant realy clever dogs but not right in the head if you ask me. Although that may not just apply to the dog :(

So it takes after the owner then you :):)

We decided to add a new member to our family this week in the way of a Puppy bitch Rottweiler to join our 6 year old dog

So after a small amount of looking for a puppy we luckily found one available from VARENKA ROTTWEILERS the top UK Breeders 2008 & 2009 with loads of award wining pedigree in her family most recent her dad just won top UK rottweiler 2009!

Our first meeting with her, "would you take me home" well how couldn't we!

SAM_3440.jpg

First impressions, Now she's the boss

SAM_3494.jpg

Getting to know her way round her new home

SAM_3486.jpg

Oooops bath time already, stood in my own wee

SAM_3479.jpg

Here's Baillie our 6 year old male

SAM_3436.jpg

Some more pics

SAM_3566.jpg

SAM_3546.jpg

SAM_3539.jpg

I should show the brother this he likes big dog's he's got a bull mastiff and alsatian as they say each to there own .Nice looking puppy you have Chris

Straaaaaange question but does anybody have a house Rabbit AND a Dog. Being a farmer type, moving to the city I bought the other half a Rabbit for the house but I miss having the Dog and must admit, miss the excercise that comes with long walks.

If anyone does have both, do they get on OK or does the Dog just fancy ragdolling the Rabbit around the place. I've heard of people having both but never sure that it was a good idea or not.

Really :( i never noticed that.

But then again i wanted one from a reliable breeder with proof of good hip scores

My 6 year old male has hip dysplasia and in the future there will be a lot of heart ache when he gets arthritis and that's why i paid top money for her

Aye, i know what you mean. We were shown the Pedigree papers etc for George our male (rescued from a flat in Glasgow) but weren't allowed to keep them and we had to singn a contract saying we would have his nads removed as well, so no real need for the papers! In my opinion the purer bred they are the more likely you are to have problems so i have him insured to the hilt - look at the amount of Heinz 57's that are 15 years old and never even had a vacination (only my opinion). The wee bitch we got from them last year has no papers etc - rescued from a coal sellar in Middlesburgh by the police along with three siblings. Again the rescue thing is purely my choice as i would hate to see these georgeous beast being put to sleep 'cause no one wants them.

Straaaaaange question but does anybody have a house Rabbit AND a Dog. Being a farmer type, moving to the city I bought the other half a Rabbit for the house but I miss having the Dog and must admit, miss the excercise that comes with long walks.

If anyone does have both, do they get on OK or does the Dog just fancy ragdolling the Rabbit around the place. I've heard of people having both but never sure that it was a good idea or not.

Our rabbit just died a few weeks back :( , it stayed in the house for quite a few month when it was little and was in the house from time to time and around the garden in the summer with the dog an we never had any problems

A dog is like a child mate its the way you bring it up, you have to teach the what's right and wrong :)

I have 2 guinea pigs and look after my mums budge when she was away and the dog is fine with them too :)

My mum had two chihuahuas and a long eared rabbit that all lived in the house, all the time. Told her not to, thought they were going to fight, but turns out the rabbit grew rather fond of the bigger dog(not that you can get big chihuahuas :) ), they used to walk around the living room together. Simba died last year, within a month the rabbit had died too. Mum is convinced he was heartbroken ;)

Even our wee yorkie had no bother with the rabbit, seems like they can fit quite well into houses, depends on the dog and the rabbit though. I would suggest a puppy as it will start of similar in size to the rabbit therefore giving it more of a chance of not scaring the rabbit to death straightaway :D

Hope you get a dog, man's best friend and all that :D

Some one from my work has a rabbit and a dog, She says the dog had a bit of a swing about of the rabbit at Christmas, but I dont know how much of a swing about it must have had, becuase the rabbit is ****ING MASSIVE... I mean, bigger than any house cat... bigger than some dogs... Mental it is...

otherwise i think that the 2 of them are fine together... but from what I understand the dog's not there all the time... so its probably not used to the rabbit so much...

Edited by thefastone