So Are Impreza'a Any Good In The Snow ?

utter mince, lorry was pulling its self out in my opinion, i canny get my scooby up my drive over the last few days due to the snow.

Would that be beef or lamb mince :D

Thats your opinion mate, but if the lorry had no traction to get moving from a standstill on that road under its own power even the slightest bit of traction from the scoob would have helped get it going, once moving there would be no need for the scoob anymore but it certainly helped it get going.

Cheers Iain

Are we saying here that DCCD is better than non DCCD in the slippy stuff?

Cheers Iain

DCCD is definitely better in the snow and ice. If you have very little traction, then locking the centre diff really helps. Generally when there is low grip, being able to send more torque to the front makes a massive difference!

DCCD is definitely better in the snow and ice. If you have very little traction, then locking the centre diff really helps. Generally when there is low grip, being able to send more torque to the front makes a massive difference!

I only asked as the non DCCD scoobs have the 50/50 torque split available too, plus the diff is able to shift the torque to where the grip is.

Cheers Iain

my 98 uk on 15" canadian snow tyres made of walnut shells is excellent, on par with leggacy which is fitted with 14s m+s all year round. i think ive broken the dccd on new car with the 18s which were truely awfull in the snow.

Edited by euan_r