Considering Moving To The Dark Side!

Evo wouldn't be the same in a tunnel!

BrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRR!

That reminds me.... must sort out my 'zorst...

Your right I had a rip through the only tunnel in Dundee today and it sounds superb :)

back offshore tomorrow till the 23rd so have a couple of weeks to think about it.

Car was actually going brilliantly today on my trip to St Andrews it got the whole way there and back without breaking :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice comment Kev.......just cause it needs a bit of bodywork doesn't mean bin it!! :lol:

i'm not saying bin it but the sills are a structural part of the car aren't they? surely there's no point in throwing loads of money at any car that is going to be never ending. How does the rest of the underside look?

I'm not slagging your car, just providing my tuppence worth on what i'd do.

To be honest the only reason it needs new sills is because some t**t has been using a jack with a small surface area and knackered both the rear jacking points. They have been all dented and bashed since I bought the car but both sides have now developed holes.

The rest of the underside of the car is okish condition no holes but could do witha good under seal again as the original stuff it falling off.

Edited by ciaranrb5
i'm not saying bin it but the sills are a structural part of the car aren't they? surely there's no point in throwing loads of money at any car that is going to be never ending. How does the rest of the underside look?

I'm not slagging your car, just providing my tuppence worth on what i'd do.

If he's doing the sills himself its a time consuming job ie been in for a mot and failed or any rotten part on the car its not just a case of a bit of weld here and there its fully welded up job thats what the mot won't .I hated welding car's when i worked for a blacksmith

Edited by Dipsy

Good choice mate!

You should go for a hawkeye STI or even a Spec C hawk if you can find one.

I did the evo thing and its just not quite the same as scoob ownership

Rich

...at least YOU didn't settle on a wee red honda van *many-a-chortle*

Sorry Rich! Couldn't resist... my blue "van" is at your mercy *lol*

Edited by BalliSTIc
correct decision :)

if you want a peek at a blob give me a shout when your back

Will give you a shout if I don't have to come back out here to early in Jan

Go with the spec c!!! Still stands if you wanna try mine!!

May take you up on that. You on the mainland much?

Pop in past mine (you know where it is) and take the Spec D out for a blast.......................... 2.5 STi HAWKEYES RULE!

When you home untill?

Good choice mate!

...at least YOU didn't settle on a wee red honda van *many-a-chortle*

Sorry Rich! Couldn't resist... my blue "van" is at your mercy *lol*

I know Rich and the red van for everyday use :rotfl:

Who said that? Might keep the RB5 and buy a Spec C more like
Sorry mate... oversight on my part, based on the following from Rich's Type-R thread:-
Bought a few more bits for the RB5 so it will be staying for definate. Also need to get myself a runabout so I can take the car off the road and dismantle it and fit all the goodies ready for our little dual at knockhill next year B)
Didn't spot that it was such an old post...

But looks like we'll have a NEW Tayside "Two-scoobs" bod if THAT'S your game. NUR-Spec all-round and s*d the neighbours I say *lol*

Glyn

Sorry mate... oversight on my part, based on the following from Rich's Type-R thread:-

Didn't spot that it was such an old post...

But looks like we'll have a NEW Tayside "Two-scoobs" bod if THAT'S your game. NUR-Spec all-round and s*d the neighbours I say *lol*

Glyn

Idealy I want a Spec 'C' as an everyday car and a track orientated Classic. Don't know if I want to wreck a RB5 and rip it to bits and turn it into a track car??? Or buy a V4 RA and use that instead?

Hi

you got to try the evo , you can always go back to a scoob , having had a few variants of scobs i now have two evos and straight out of the box the evo win hands down as a drivers car

scoob a great car from a to b and fun on track and your wife and kids can drive them with no problem , the evo takes a wee bit more consentration on road and i find my wife struggles with the way the power is delivered but the daughter loves the ayc and likes getting it sideways B) and on track its a superb beast , i get more smiles :P from the evo than i did the scoobs but give it a try and tell us what you think if you dont do it will always be in the back of your mind.

cheers Don

Edited by evil evo
Hi

you got to try the evo , you can always go back to a scoob , having had a few variants of scobs i now have two evos and straight out of the box the evo win hands down as a drivers car

scoob a great car from a to b and fun on track and your wife and kids can drive them with no problem , the evo takes a wee bit more consentration on road and i find my wife struggles with the way the power is delivered but the daughter loves the ayc and likes getting it sideways :P and on track its a superb beast , i get more smiles :( from the evo than i did the scoobs but give it a try and tell us what you think if you dont do it will always be in the back of your mind.

cheers Don

You've clearly never driven a Spec C mate....B)