Insurance Renewal Time And Questions?

Well thankfully picked up a letter today about my insurance running out tomorrow.

Anyway renewal came through as £587 (greenlight)

Which I thought was ok as im 26 5NCD no convictions various mods to the sum of 330bhp

So I phone to renew and they ask my current mileage which I tell them and iv done more than my agreed

7500 so they recon I owe them £65 due to going over this limit even although my years insurance runs out

tomorrow :rolleyes: . They then say they will need another £65 for the new insurance policy seeing as I went over my

limit the year before. So there £587 renewal is now £717 so I tell Greenlight I will phone them back.

Phone Gary at Keith Micheals and get it for £640 all mods declared fully comp with 12k mileage limit.

Problem now is I need proof of no claims for Keith Micheals and Greenlight want there £65 before they will issue

proof of my no claims. Do I have any choice?

Does the renewal quote seem reasonable to folks on here?

Why money for renewal as well!? Pay them the sum for the mileage then get shot of them would be my opinion.

:rolleyes: Unfortuantely... They are just taking the pi$$ Similar reasons why you should always declare everythign the insurers.. yes ok they may never know.. But if you do need to claim and they find somethgin a miss it'll cost you either extra surcharge or they may declare your insurance void!

I'm actually hoping for the opposite at my renewal next month as I now have a 2nd car for commuting so the soooby mileage will be 1/2 what it was! Hoping for a good price!

Ciaran,

I'd phone them back up and tell them you made a mistake reading the odometer, and that it is comfortably within the agreed mileage, so ask for a new quote.

When this written quote arrives in the post that'll be your proof of no claims etc. There's very little chance you'll get speaking to the same salesperson, so give it a try. I'd just check the person's name first before you go on to make your point.

You've got £65 to gain and absolutely nothing to lose :rolleyes: .

Ciaran,

I'd phone them back up and tell them you made a mistake reading the odometer, and that it is comfortably within the agreed mileage, so ask for a new quote.

When this written quote arrives in the post that'll be your proof of no claims etc. There's very little chance you'll get speaking to the same salesperson, so give it a try. I'd just check the person's name first before you go on to make your point.

You've got £65 to gain and absolutely nothing to lose :) .

Only problem is i did 11300 miles and my limit was 7500 the odometer now reads 103885 so to make it within limits it would have to be under 100k. That would be some miss read :rolleyes:

To be honest though these are the first insurance company to ever ask for the odometer reading never had an issue with being slightly shy with my exact mileage.

Will phone up 2moro and give it a try anyway

You might be able to use the quote from greenlight to confirm your ncd if it states it on the quote. I have just sent off a quote from existing insurer as proof and the new company were happy enough.

Great shout it does indeed have my proof of no claims on the renewal from Greenlight so will phone and check what the situation is with using it.