Wheel Bearing

I "THINK" I have an iminant wheel bearing failure, slight "humm" when cornering moderatly to the left (no play when jacked up, just the slight humm/droan).

Any recomendations as to where to go, and idea of cost too.

Sooner the better as to not cause hub damage.

MY02 WRX STi

Many thanks

Charlie

I'd have thought that there would be some play in the wheel if there was an issue with the bearing. Also, have a check for irregular tyre wear, also an indicator of shafted bearing.

I took mine to Hypertech to get the bearing sorted and discovered as there was irregualr tyre-wear and play in the wheel. I think it was £200 including parts and labour. However, when Dunc got the wheel off, he discovered that it was something to do with a lose nut on the drive-shaft or soemthing - promptly tightened up and a ton of dosh saved :thumbup:

run them well beyond knowing its gone but have never once been able to feel play by wobbling the wheel. take the brake pads/shoes out, refit the wheels, then wobble and its a whole different matter....

importcarparts have never failed to deliver quickly. i usually strip the hub/knuckle and take it to local garage for bearing to be pressed out/in.

Forgot about them Jamie - I have booked it in for Saturday at The Garage (don't want to mess them about, he has been really helpfull in the past)

I will text you tomorrow mate - phones in, yes you guessed it, the car (in the garage)..........