2 Wheel Bearing Failures In As Many Months Why?

Well last month I had to change the drivers side rear wheel bearing. It ended up being a nightmare to do as nothing would come apart. I have done about 500 miles since fitting it and yesterday it collapsed on the A90 which was fun. The last time the wheel bearing failed i could hear humming but this time nothing it just fell apart with a massive clunk. It was a blueprint bearing that was fitted.

So why would it fail so quicly? do these need a bedding in period?

wow thats a short life. even with gorilla fitting techniques i would of expected a lot longer than that.

was bearing changed using a press and did they change seals and circlip afterwards?

if first bearing was gone and not noticed quick enough they damage the hub and new bearing wont sit right.

lost count of how many subaru wheel bearings me and my folks have had replaced over the years.

No gorillas tactics used a proper press for pushing the old bearing out. Cleaned up the inside of the hub and pressed the old one back in. There was no damage to the inside of the hub.

I can only guess it was faulty bearing.

Oh iv done trackday since getting the new bearing suppose that may not have helped :D