A Couple Of Styling Mods

Hi folks,

Well, after a good few comments on the fact that my wagon needed a splitter, my arm was twisted :thumbup:

into getting one.

Got an HT Autos number via a Snet group buy.

Also got the Zun Sport upper and lower mesh grille set in black.

A big thanks to Stewartyboy for fitting them tonight as I'm pretty much incapable of doing anything

like that myself!!! :lol:

Cheers bud ;)

Personally, I think it looks good.

Now looking forward to the end of the month when I'll be able to get my BC coilovers fitted and drop the ride

height a wee bit further than the Eibachs currently do.

Oh....and my Godspeed 335mm front brake kit ;)

PS: Stewart.....nothing fell off on the way home!!! :D

Some pics for you

Before

After

Lookin good - both changes.

So they're still doing that group buy on SNet, I got mine from there also but that was months ago! Did it fit straight on or did you have to play a bit with the size of the screw holes (should I ask Stewartyboy ;) ), I almost burst it I think when I changed mine around, but think made for a neater/tighter fit especially at the front middle where the shape changes.

Ah, the good old mods list....that'll just be a "for now" list !!

I'm with oobster, like the detango look.

SIDC21May09002.jpg

So they're still doing that group buy on SNet, I got mine from there also but that was months ago! Did it fit straight on or did you have to play a bit with the size of the screw holes (should I ask Stewartyboy ;) ), I almost burst it I think when I changed mine around, but think made for a neater/tighter fit especially at the front middle where the shape changes.

Managed to squeeze in the group buy on the last day. From my supervisory role, there didn't seem to be any problems :lol:. Stewart drilled a couple of holes to tighten the fitting up a bit.

The grilles just popped in as well.

very nice richie, good job stewarty ;)

yeah wee paddy had to put a few extra holes in my buper for mine but it's very neatly done.

don't want to steal or thread or really start a new one but got my 4pots fitted yesterday.

cheers for them neil and to ally b for delivering them.

remap is booked although might not go ahead as andyf needs to do some enquiries about oing an auto.

Lookin good Rich. Very professional fitting! If anyone is thinking of fitting the splitter, the holes are already there and it supplies you with nuts, bolts and washers.

There are 7 holes in total. 3 at the front of the splitter, 2 on the outer edge of the splitter each side and 2 right at the end of the splitter each side. 3 at the front and 2 at the ends lined up. The other 2 didnt. I chose not to drill holes for those as they seemed to be a tad irrelevant.

2 extra holes were drilled through the splitter to tighten the fit. Splitter was pushed back into a better seating, holes were drilled and new retaining bolts, nuts and washers fitted.TADA!

Never used any sealant as a lot of people had suggested, possibly just a case of redrilling like I did.

*There are plastic pop rivets on the underside of the bumper that hinder fitting. These can be removed by using a flat screwdriver.