Leuchars Air Show

Hi all, just a quick one to see if anyone is planning to go to the Leuchars Air Show this year?

It a gorgeous day here and all the Jets are out showing off, But i bet its raining as usual tomorrow!!

Have fun if you do venture up this way and pop in for a cuppa :D

I'm going :P , weather to be good I hear!

Not sure if it'll be the Scoob though as my son doesn't like it!

Had to get pre booked tickets today as they know how to charge!

Are you going Jon?

Nah not this year.. been every year either working it or viewing but the weather is always rubbish!!

I have a viewing spot where will be able to see all action and not cost a penny!! hehe

To be honest though the friday before the show (today) and the monday are the better days as thats when all the jets come in and show off for a bit and the monday is when they leave and have a little blast around! :D

Have a good day mate

Jon

Weather was great, displays great too. Traffic? Appalling!

We were 5 miles south of Cupar at 1015am. We got parked at the base at about 130pm!!!! 11 miles or so in 3 hours :P I could have been parked in Birmingham and having lunch in the time it took us to go 80 miles!!!! I took the Scoob too! :D

Leaving? No better!!! In car at 545pm and out of base, just out of base mind, at 730pm!!

Traffic took edge of an otherwise great day.

First time I've been, and enjoyed the day out. Weather was great, traffic not.

Got to about 4 miles west of Cupar (that was about 10.00 too). Similar to badbaz - all traffic into Cupar was terrible.

Moved about 1 mile in 20 minutes, but my wife had taken an ordnance survey map. So I worked out a route using unclassified roads, missed out Cupar and arrived at Leuchars about 20 minutes later.

I used the park and ride for £2, left about 4.30, traffic wasn't bad and had a clear run home. Well worth the £2 it seems.

Yeh the traffic is the only bad part but when there is 43k people in a small area you got to understand... Next year just pop to mine for a cuppa while all the traffic is hectic :D

We left airshow about 3ish after the F16 display.. kids just started to grump which isnt bad i supose, they did well! Only a 5min walk so no problem with traffic lol

Yeah great day. Perfect weather like 3 years ago. Traffic always bad?!

Got there for nine and it ok like always. Gotta head early! :D

Same wi leaving. left at 16:15 and got pretty much straight out.

there was 43k there last year wi the terrible weather so must have been more this year.

Edited by jimmyGforce

Great day out- we went up the A90 to junction 8, along the A91 to Auchtermuchty then I decided to turn left at the main roundabout onto the A92 before Cupar and bypass Cupar altogether- we got straight in, no problems at all!!!! Very wise in hindsight.

Left around 4.20, headed out North instead of South and came back same route as we went in- no traffic/ no jams = home in less than an hour!!!

Top day.