Had A Visit From Police....... 2 Days After Buying Scoob

put the scoob on driveway to have a sort out on sunday, took me focus to work...... just to work 8am and me missus phoned me panicing, saying the police were here to look at the car as it's been reported stolen!.....to say how i felt was immpossible, and was worried about me missus as she ain't well and dealing with it, all kinds of things going through me mind, i checked the car out so inside i was confident... i was waiting for a call back to come home, i had to phone back..couldn't wait.....

they said all was ok, may of been someone pasing and recognised the car, thinking it another that is missing..... it may of been stolen in past they said....and saying that...there is a spare set of locks in glove box...one with a screwdriver been rammed in it. nothing recorded though,

now i'm going through it real fussy,..... it's in bits!!!!!

mark

Edited by insane clown

it would of been just my luck too, thinking to myself this is payback for taking a chance buying another scoob,.... thought it was going to be towed away!!! ;) ... so far so good, they said don't worry and enjoy it, as he used to have one but sold it when he joined the police as he didn't want to lose his job :) .... he also said drive it properly wink wink :D

i had another visit today :D ... while i was at work again, missus is getting anoyed!.... it's been passed to chelmsford vehicle unit, and i have an appointment monday morning ....... what the hells going on!!??.. they won't say exactly but they just want to clear it up, and got to show them all the paper work i got with it, there are lot of bills ect... all good, old mot's, tax disc's ....and reciepts from when i got it.

nothing to hide it's come back as clear ..no recorded stolen or any changes!?... so any ideas :P

i had another visit today :D ... while i was at work again, missus is getting anoyed!.... it's been passed to chelmsford vehicle unit, and i have an appointment monday morning ....... what the hells going on!!??.. they won't say exactly but they just want to clear it up, and got to show them all the paper work i got with it, there are lot of bills ect... all good, old mot's, tax disc's ....and reciepts from when i got it.

nothing to hide it's come back as clear ..no recorded stolen or any changes!?... so any ideas :P

sorry to hear tyhis mate i was very worried when buying my new scoob as it was 9K and i didnt want to lose it the best peace of mind i had was a HPI and one of those text things cost me £3 when i text the number with reg it said wheather it was stolen or acident damage etc because i couldnt tell the difference between a real or a fake HPI report i also phoned the insurance to see about changing it over this was a way of checking if its stolen as well (so i was told) then i took my bruv so i didnt get mugged as i had cash on me and the missus never tolod them i would be turning up with cash and had it stashed all over us and the car wew were in

Hope it all goes well for you mate i realy do

buying a car for megga money is so dodgy nower days

***UPDATE***

Right the stolen car squad have just been, in an unmarked ford focus :) me standing there looking like a prat waiting for them in a marked car :P

anyway...... the car is fine, they checked it over and all matched,

the story is, a guy spotted it on ebay, he had he's stolen recently and this was a spit of it, barring the plates!.

the details of his car didn't match my one and it hadn't been tampered with, so it's all ok B):D:lol::P:):lol::lol:

let the spending begin..... sensible spending that is, (looking for credit card)... :o;)

mark...chuffed

***UPDATE***

Right the stolen car squad have just been, in an unmarked ford focus :) me standing there looking like a prat waiting for them in a marked car :P

anyway...... the car is fine, they checked it over and all matched,

the story is, a guy spotted it on ebay, he had he's stolen recently and this was a spit of it, barring the plates!.

the details of his car didn't match my one and it hadn't been tampered with, so it's all ok B):D:lol::P:):lol::lol:

let the spending begin..... sensible spending that is, (looking for credit card)... :o;)

mark...chuffed

Good news mate i feel for the guy who's had his stollen chuffed its all sorted for you :P

yeh i can't blame the bloke for lookng in to it, i would do the same.... must be very fustrating for him, just that it's dragged on for a week now not knowing what the hell was wrong, even up to checking the vin and chassis number, they were saying "yes mate we got a match" they were rreading from a sheet.....as it was being checked.....i thought it was the nicked one!!!.....they said no fine mate and sorry but they have to do this. then told me what the reason was,

feel alot better now :P

just changed the locks, and puting the car right now :lol:

yes dipsy, i feel a whole lot better, made me feel sick tbh, missus had a doctors appointment and i know she felt better too when she left.

mark

Edited by insane clown

cheers for replies, i must admit i wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now, must be horrible.

i was fearing the worse, i thought this was pay back for me taking a chance buying another scoob, karma eh!!???

anyways i'm relaxed a bit more now, and going through the car thoroughly, just pulled a huge bundle of cable going to and imaginary amp somewhere in the back.... he just cut the wires!... ..... taken the front speakers out as they were knocking ..(wrong type)

waiting for new trim and section where the radio fits ect... it's a bloody mess! changed the locks, waiting also for new door handles as n/s was smashed after a break in, where do i stop!!!!........ sorting the clocks tomorrow, still in kph, and jacking the car up to get the zoorst off...

mark