Knockhill 8th Aug

Had a good day today. Was my first outing on track in the scooby. Nice to push the car and get to play with the diff controller in relative safety.

Also surprised how quickly the brembos were fading on track

Naff video of me playing with DCCD but shows the difference putting it fully in manual can do . slidey out lots

http://www.facebook.com/v/114449841710

Think I only chatted to one guy off here who told me all about my JDM

Edited by evil_scoobs
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to meet you too. sorry to hold up the session with my flat tyre!

Yeah seen your tyres this morning when you put them on and didn't think they were gonna last the day and the lumps of rubber that was comin off while you were on track. Weather was good but car felt bit hot. But we had great day and car went very well for 2nd time out since buildin it just need to sort brakes out. Hope to see some good pics

A great day - thanks again for organising it John.

Ran a dozen or so laps with a cheapo bullet cam on the Tuscan on the restart after thge last red flag stoppage. The footage includes a few Scoobs, Elises, Exige(s), Evo, Clio, Seat and a few others. Best I could compress it down to is 25MB....yup 25MB...so this will NOT be an instant download. The sound wasn't great to start with - too much wind noise - and the compression's made it worse. Whatever happened to all the pops and bangs? But I did manage to get sight of a fair few cars on track...including a wee Evo moment, and an Elise? doing a bit of grass cutting.

First time I've tried to link to a video so we'll have to see how it works :whistle:

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/tv...HSIDC090808.flv

Edited: OK, looks like Photobucket has converted the avi to a 'flv' - whatever that is, and is cutting the video short B)

Might try to upload it somewhere else where it remains the original avi...

Edited by tvrolet

Well popped the P1's KH cherry the day. B)

Good to see some framilure faces, and it was dry :whistle:

Here is a couple of shots, the ones of my car are curtsy of greengoblin/Jasons oldman

(click for bigger)

3801641239_f31c0a6f6b.jpg

3801640303_cfe8e2dbce.jpg

3802458252_619941d5cd.jpg

3802457336_35aaa23840.jpg

Me mates liner, on'route ....

3801643441_7eeb847632.jpg

And a wee morgan...

3802459674_3c813deb97.jpg

Edited by Jcscoob
The standard of cars on SIDC days is dropping if were allowing sheds like this on, WTF is it a Hondaru........

thats a subaru floor plan complete with all running gear, only fitted with a honda body, weighs in at 880kg and been shorted in boot floor to suit the new body

by god its quick

thats a subaru floor plan complete with all running gear, only fitted with a honda body, weighs in at 880kg and been shorted in boot floor to suit the new body

by god its quick

looks like somebody has parked a honda up the chuff of an impreza and reversed out off it with the engine and running gear.....

by god its quick

Cheers Neil!!!! glad you like the mad idea that was on the track

Edited by james666

Cracking session, really enjoyed it!

1st time out in the car after some engine trouble but after some new internals, new SC and remap it was going well. Have lowered the rev limiter until the engine has had a good run, this was a bit of a pain as was hitting it in third going down duffus / through the chicane and the gear changes were a bit frantic till I got used to it!

So much for gently running the car in Was trying to take it easy but easy to get caught up in the moment!

Had a good tussel with the black exige s and a few scoobs - have it on video so will get it uploaded to youtube shortly!

Once the car is run in and the rev limiter adjuster back up / car remapped it should be good for 300+ so need some more sessions quickly now its back on the road!

Afraid I caused one red when there was an electrical problem / misfire coming out the pit lane - cleared after the ignition was restarted??? Will need to get this checked.

As usual with SIDC excellent day, good driving and excellent marshalling (made a big difference they were on the ball with blue flags)

Quickest lap was 1.01.70 - pleased with that given I was meant to be taking it easy

Good pics as well! That TVR was awesome !

Cheers

Barrie

Ran a dozen or so laps with a cheapo bullet cam on the Tuscan on the restart after thge last red flag stoppage. The footage includes a few Scoobs, Elises, Exige(s), Evo, Clio, Seat and a few others....

OK, first time I tried to share this I put it on PhotoBucket, but none too successful. Noticed YouTube seems to be the place folks upload videos to (duh...why didn't I spot that before), so here's with the second attampt:

ElCheapo camera sound lets things down a little, but some decent action...

oops, missed you today JC B)

3802529554_fb80448a61_o.jpg

See you at the next trackday.

All the photos are great but i love this one, i kept an eye out for ya, but JohnS was the only photographer i seen. :whistle:

Dunk, i didnt know you were there either, Jase was my copilot too, he never knew either ! lol

Edited by Jcscoob
Dunk, i didnt know you were there either, Jase was my copilot too, he never knew either ! lol

Damn it i was wanting a wee word with him as well, hows he getting on with his wee project then?

How did you get on with the track then, you comming back again :whistle:

All the photos are great but i love this one, i kept an eye out for ya, but JohnS was the only photographer i seen. :whistle:

I think its a great photo to, especially as its me in my car B)

Edited by nesevo