Engine Problems, Help Please.

At the risk of posting in the wrong section again.....

This is probably a silly question, But does anybody round about Lanark area have any cam sensors for a classic lying about that I could borrow / buy.

Cars been running like a dog,

Tried all the usual checks, No stored error codes, Given it a good service with oil flush treatment, compression test, replaced 2 damaged coil packs etc etc. It seems to be missing on all cylinders randomly! Spoken to a few guys from the rally scene & they suggested the cam sensors. Just a bit expensive at £150 a pop to "try" :thumbup:

It was doing it only when hot & Baz suggested head gasket (or worse) But I have disconnected the coil packs one at a time when running and can not pin it down to any one cylinder or even side, totally random & very annoying.

John

This is probably a silly question, But does anybody round about Lanark area have any cam sensors for a classic lying about that I could borrow / buy.

Tried all the usual checks, No stored error codes, Given it a good service with oil flush treatment, compression test, replaced 2 damaged coil packs etc etc. It seems to be missing on all cylinders randomly! Spoken to a few guys from the rally scene & they suggested the cam sensors. Just a bit expensive at £150 a pop to "try" :thumbup:

It was doing it only when hot & Baz suggested head gasket (or worse) But I have disconnected the coil packs one at a time when running and can not pin it down to any one cylinder or even side, totally random & very annoying.

John

When mine needed a cam sensor it did throw up a code so thats a bit strange! Hope you get it sorted

John

John

You should try to get a combustion gas leak test done to be sure.

just to rule out any head gasket problem.

John

Send me a PM with your mobile number and I'll give you some contact details for a guy I have used in the past who rebuilds engines, Scoobys being his speciality. Hes usually spot on when it comes to problem finding :thumbup:

Other option, I'll run my classic up to yours and we can mess around with various parts until we find the problem!

Andy