Turbo Upgade

Hi guys/gals looking for some advice on turbo upgrade ,i am looking to up the power of my car wrx UK300.What i am going to do is STI topmount /STI

pink injectors walbro fuel pump 255/pl and turbo / sports cat downpipe ( car has tubular manifold decat)with any other support mods needed ,question

is which turbo TD05 20G/IHI VF34 /IHI VF35

power from 300bhp -350bhp all advice welcome so thanks in advance

cheers kenny

Edited by kennyuk300
Hi guys/gals looking for some advice on turbo upgrade ,i am looking to up the power of my car wrx UK300.What i am going to do is STI topmount /STI

pink injectors walbro fuel pump 255/pl and turbo / sports cat downpipe ( car has tubular manifold decat)with any other support mods needed ,question

cheers kenny

Dunno much about the 20G so can't comment but you will defo get what you are after with either the 34 or 35. AFAIK, the 20G takes a bit longer to spool up whereas the other options come online a bit quicker.

cheers kenny

Kenny,

With my WRX I more or less followed that exact path, with the addition of decattted up pipe that I needed.

I used Andy F's website and made myself a tick list for Stage 2a using the VF34. After the remap I had 334/335 with the 2l engine.

Dunno much about the 20G so can't comment but you will defo get what you are after with either the 34 or 35. AFAIK, the 20G takes a bit longer to spool up whereas the other options come online a bit quicker.

Hi john mate this was from an e-mail from Andy Forrest ,not to me though.

I would go for the 20g . It spools up just as quickly as a VF34 but can make more BHP.

cheers kenny

Kenny, I have an Andy F TD05 16G and I am getting the kind of power you are after (without the gearbox worries..........hopefully :icon_salut: )

I run a 20g and get around 370/380 bhp with a FMIC, full decat 550cc injectors etc

Had no complaints and plaenty of grins and doesn't take 2 long to get going at all.

I run a 20g and get around 370/380 bhp with a FMIC, full decat 550cc injectors etc

Had no complaints and plaenty of grins and doesn't take 2 long to get going at all.

Would i be right in saying you have a verion 2 sti? Is the engine still on standard internals? Is it still the standard gearbox?

Howdy Kenneth.

More power? Have you ditched the better stopping in favour of more speed? Tut tut, it'll be fun tho'!!!

I laughed at the title of your thread son, it made me have some unusual images in my head! :thumbup::icon_salut:

Well done Barry you were the only one to spot and answer to my Freudian slip ( maybe we could discuss some counselling at the meet sort out those issues :D

cheers kenny

Well to start i would like to thank you guys for the input cheers .what would be the opinion of the people on this

http://www.gstmotorsports.com/store/index....products_id=941

if not where did your forementioned turbos come from ie second hand , new ,is it safe to go second hand .To me it looks like the general consensus is to go with a vf model can these be reconditioned ? who sells them i have done searches on the net can't seem to find them .Sorry for the questions and thanks again

cheers kenny

Would i be right in saying you have a verion 2 sti? Is the engine still on standard internals? Is it still the standard gearbox?

Yes, yes and yes.

I always try and warm it up and try not to thrash it 2 much and don't go for full power standing starts etc

I'm sure the turbos capable of more but think anything else would need an upgrade or ten.

Well to start i would like to thank you guys for the input cheers .what would be the opinion of the people on this

if not where did your forementioned turbos come from ie second hand , new ,is it safe to go second hand .To me it looks like the general consensus is to go with a vf model can these be reconditioned ? who sells them i have done searches on the net can't seem to find them .Sorry for the questions and thanks again

cheers kenny

Bought mine SH from a guy on here but as with anything SH its a gamble i guess but @ least on a forum its harder to be a rogue unlike fleabay etc

cheers kenny

I bought my VF34 second hand from a fine chap on the forum so I knew it was a trusted source.

I believe Andy F sells them for about £600...IIRC.

I had looked on ebay and when I sent a couple of links of 'VF34's' to Andy or other club members, there

were a couple where I was told they weren't even VF34's!