Any Bedroom/pro Dj's

Neither actually,

just bought myself a Numark Omni control. I already have CDJ1000 MK3's but I have to admit, the Omni Controller is some bit of kit. Racked up with VDJ and youve got yourself a party!

Im into any types of music right across the range. My only genre is Good or Bad.

thats to much tech for me.....

sl1210's and a good mixer is all i need:)

sl1210's...ya lucky bas!

I really enjoy the old with the new, tell you what though, find drum and bass most difficult for some reason!

Think all the software cheats so much!

Just gave away my set 2 weeks ago!

Did have Denon S5000s but shifted them a couple of years back. They cost me a boat load and it turned out I sucked at it. Got most of my dosh back for them though as they were awesome bits of kit.

Used to play with fruit loops before burning to mp3 to do some further scratching and what not with them.

thats to much tech for me.....

sl1210's and a good mixer is all i need:)

1200's for me... not so much these days but there was a time I went up for the regional DMCs. Mostly beat juggling, nothing you could really dance to so to speak... stopped when everyone started using three turntables and pc/midi input, just couldn't keep up! :P

Didn't know you where a dj Chris? A man of hidden talents! :P

Got a couple of antique denon dcd-716 cd decks and mixer here. Used to dabble a bit back in the days on the sl1200's+1210's.

I had a hilarious moment once when I were a lad.

My mates dad owned a nightclub in fife (Ricks Videotek) in Methil. My mate Paul was the dj, more of an "entertainer" though, couldn't mix for toffee (although he though he was the mixing god). My other mate owned some 1210's, and was heading to uni in St Andrews and asked me to look after them for a while. It ended up I had them for around 3 months (without Paul knowing). Anyhow, practised like hell, bought my own vinyl, got my own style and went down to the club one Friday night. Spoke to Rick to see if I could get a shot of dj'ing, explained I had been practising, had my box of vinyl then walked up to the dj booth. Paul kinda looked at me and was like WTF? I did mention that I'd spoke to his dad and it was ok for me to have a go (place was absolutely packed, 400+, although they couldn't have been there for me as no-one knew :P) Had an amazing time, loved it to bits, crowd were jumping.

The reason I did this was to prove a point to Paul, he though he was the bees' n ees' and soon learned that he wasn't all that he though he was.

Never done it again in public.

Edited by 4hero
Neither actually,

just bought myself a Numark Omni control. I already have CDJ1000 MK3's but I have to admit, the Omni Controller is some bit of kit. Racked up with VDJ and youve got yourself a party!

Im into any types of music right across the range. My only genre is Good or Bad.

They're the one's you can use to mix with iPods aren't they? Fancy bit of kit! :P

1200's for me... not so much these days but there was a time I went up for the regional DMCs. Mostly beat juggling, nothing you could really dance to so to speak... stopped when everyone started using three turntables and pc/midi input, just couldn't keep up! :P

Didn't know you where a dj Chris? A man of hidden talents! :P

There's 3 DJs I've had the pleasure of seeing up close who made me realise that I should hand mine back in - QBert, Mr Thing and Kid Koala. Watching someone properly beat juggling and scratching when they're 20 feet from you is something to behold. Qbert's hands were moving at a rate that was frankly not human.

There's 3 DJs I've had the pleasure of seeing up close who made me realise that I should hand mine back in - QBert, Mr Thing and Kid Koala. Watching someone properly beat juggling and scratching when they're 20 feet from you is something to behold. Qbert's hands were moving at a rate that was frankly not human.

Met Mr Thing when I was at uni and Kid Koala at a Ninjatune night in the smoke... both cracking blokes and amazing dj's to boot! I used to go to a lot of the DMC comps and the level of skill there is incredible! Saw Q-bert with the Invisible Scratch Pickles... that, I will never forget!!! I could only bow to their awesomeness! :P

Met Mr Thing when I was at uni and Kid Koala at a Ninjatune night in the smoke... both cracking blokes and amazing dj's to boot! I used to go to a lot of the DMC comps and the level of skill there is incredible! Saw Q-bert with the Invisible Scratch Pickles... that, I will never forget!!! I could only bow to their awesomeness! :P

Dmc were pretty amazing, went to a championship thingy at the london hippodrome, first time I had seen anyone mix video, very talented!

Stephen, not seen that one, thanks for the link though :P