Finally Back In A Scooby Again!

After three and a half years without, I finally picked up my second Scooby the other w/e. At the end of 2005 I moved from Middlesex to Florida, where due to the lack of a work visa I purchased a two year old Hyundai Accent. Not a bad little car, but a little different from the Impreza PPP I was used to. Once I got myself a visa and a job, I leased a Mazda 3. This was a nice car, but... y'know... not an exciting car. Last w/e I finally worked out a deal on a 2009 Impreza WRX Premium (2.5l, 265HP), with short-shift and iPod interface. 600 miles down, 400 to go, but even driving slowly is fantastic. I love it, and can't wait to start driving it to its potential.

4167_117108355328_561760328_3043811_3409359_n.jpg

I can see the pic - and no sign that the post has been edited! :D Nice car m8, big change from your previous daily drivers!

Cheers! Yeah, not sure what the deal is if the pic wasn't showing. But hey, those little guys holding their signs... sometimes they just need to get out and do their thing! :icon_salut:

I have to say, nobody hit me, the new imprezas really are growing one me... especially in darker colours! :icon_salut:

Bet you're glad to be back in an Impreza again aren't you?

Big time! Just taking the test drive and hearing the transmition whine made me grin. It looks so different on the outside from my '02 WRX, but behind the wheel it's so similar. The whole purchase process was bizzare though, partly because I bought it from an out of town dealer. We arrived in my Mazda, and two hours later left in the Scooby, then had to put it straight in the hotel car park over night as we were staying over in Jacksoneville for a show the next day.

Nice one Penti, so which do you prefer? The old one or the new one?

Still to be decided really. To me the soul of the car is still the same, but until I have this one driven in it's hard to judge. From the hints it's been giving, I think I'm gonna be pretty happy with it though. Despite my '02 WRX having had the PPP on it, this doesn't seem far off. It's sightly more powerful still, but a bit quieter. As the revs rise though, even the sound doesn't seem too far off for the last one. Luckily, having an idea what the performance will be like makes it a lot easier to be restrained during the drive in period. First time I've gotten to go through this with a turbo'd car, as the last one had about 14k on it when I got it.

Just for you BMWhere?:

Pics

That works! :P

Nice motor! Hatchbacks rule :)

Just worked out why the pictures didn't show for me.... you uploaded them to fbcdn.net (facebook?) which is well and truely blocked by our works' firewall :hello:

Edited by BMWhere?