Track Car Cameras

Ok not quite track car.. But Need some advice/hints.

Need a camera for the car.. Will be fitted pretty much permanently.. Size smallish.. (i.e. smaller than camcorder size but not pinhole) Audio not required but needs to be composite (BNC/Photo/Coax) video out. 12v power is no problem (if required). Mounting point.. Not really an issue as I'm willing to create my own mini bracket if necessary.. Will be getting fitted under front number plate where the lower grille is..

Had a camera in mind but it's no use.. woudl fit nicely and works find indoors but just tried it outside int eh sun and it's doign weird things, video goes red/purple when pointing in the sun.. Possibly Infra red interference :lol:

Price wise, sub £100 £50 or less even better!) but as low as possible without sacrificing too much quality. Willing to go cheap to get it working sensible then upgrade later is all works well.

All suggestions welcome... Also interested to hear of more expensive models just incase.:D

Thanks,

Cool! thanks St3ph3n!

Not as expensive as I expected.. Hmnnn....

I'll be using a laptop for recording... Got a Video-in dongle for it just need to test recordign software for running long periods of time and handling large files :D

(edited to add: Just ordered a dogcam.. :lol: )

Edited by ScoUK
  • 5 years later...
I also received the dashcam I ordered from szswill.com a while back, but I need to figure out how to disable the microphone on it, and have been busy with other things to see about getting it installed and ready for the road.

I definitely am getting two for my next WRX, one for the front, one for the back, so in the next rear-ender, I can show to the judge and jury how the person behind was quaffing a beer or trying to text right before impact.

Of course, this is a double-edged sword, but if I'm at fault (God forbid), I'm not going to be lying about the circumstances in the first place, and that's why I have insurance above and beyond state requirements.