Doune Hill Climb

I was up for most of the day. Pity Jac couldnt make his last run but I reckon he did well for his first time on the hill. Cracking weathers got me all burnt :rotfl:

not very good pics cos i aint in the sicc lol

going up

PICT0008.jpg

coming down

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

Noel

Edited by karps
I take it they give you a time at the end of each run, or was this a practise sesh?

2 practice runs then 2 timed runs for the competition. It was both days - a round on saturda and a round on sunday.

Took a quick shuftie through my shots and this one stood out straight away. Drew Murray with a good handful of lock, at least one wheel in the grass and one in the air.

3457243124_7efaaf75bf.jpg

Thanks for the photo's Noel and Chris. The hill is as scary as they

say it is, You need balls like a prize bull to run it anywhere neer the

limit. Hats of to Don for a 54 in the standard scoob, you have put some

seasoned pros in better cars to shame. My best was a 56 but need to whip

Don's @ss next time ;)

Jac

I couldn't keep up with the 106 and the 205 in my class (they do have 30+ more bhp than me though) but I was having a not bad weekend until this happened

Doune video :wub:

I had managed a 50.46 in practice, so I was looking for a low 50 or maybe even a 49 when I tried to take junction just a bit too fast.

I couldn't keep up with the 106 and the 205 in my class (they do have 30+ more bhp than me though) but I was having a not bad weekend until this happened

I had managed a 50.46 in practice, so I was looking for a low 50 or maybe even a 49 when I tried to take junction just a bit too fast.

Thats a quick time in practice John. Did hear about your excursion hopefully there isnt much damage.

I thought you were looking pretty quick earlier in the day John. I'd moved down to the tunnel after being up in the meadow. Got a nice shot of you going up through there then 2 seconds later I heard the almighty bang. Hope it's not too badly damaged :wub:

You weren't alone though - there was a few hitting the barrier there on Sunday afternoon. Both of the DAXs gave it a good bang and Geoff had a good spin on the way out.

OMG...i seen that happening infront of me...bad luck mate

The damage is not too bad but bad enough, the front wheel was pushed back, so it has bent the lower suspension mounting point and also wrecked a wheel. It is booked in to get straightened out next week. I am hoping to have it fixed in time for Fintray.

Doune video :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that John, hope you get it fixed in time for your next event.

Very impressive time :wub:

was you running Jim? :thumbup:

just watching mate,i was blessed with chinese gonads too B)

good times in practice john,shame about your off.was quite a few lost it there