Lucky Me!

Doing around 70 - 75mph on the M8 this morning and a flying rock (I think) whacked my bonnet and windscreen. Totally crapped myself! I couldn't tell if the rock came from the lorry in front of me or if he kicked it up off the road. Slight damage to the bonnet as well as serious damage to the glass. I spose kudos to the windsreen manufacturer is in order, given that the glass didn't come all the way in!!!

n699891901_1654838_4578263.jpg

Nightmare John, you and burgy_51 are having all the bad luck on "not my fault" damage.

Your insurance cover the windscreen replacement for £50ish ?

The day I picked my Scooby up I remember driving home and a stone skelped the windscreen, the small mark is still there given it wasn't enough to warrant a replacement ! A few choice words used but it happens.

You're having no joy of late, Welsho :(

Have you had thone car park damage fixed yet? If not, I guess at least you don't need a separate visit to the paintshop to have the bonnet fixed at the same time. And you can't beat a flawless new windsrcreen...

Years ago I was travelling at 70-ish on an empty dual carriageway, when out of the blue there was an almighty crack as something hit the windscreen. I noticed a circular chip with a tiny 1cm crack emanating from the side of it. By the time I got to work, the crack was halfway along the windscreen... Never found out what caused it, but with no traffic around and farmland either side of the road, my guess is it might have been an airgun pellet (administered by a gun-totin' farmer or grouse-humper).

On stones/rocks, just a couple of weeks ago something larger than a pebble dunted the door of my Scooby after being thrown up by a passing car - left two wee scrapes in an otherwise perfect door panel - bandit! Don't think it was as big as the projectile that hit your bonnet, mind...

Chin up, mate.

I had a similar hole in my window a few years back and the crack eventually worked it's way to the top of the windscreen and I was terrified it would come in till the AutoGlass guy told me the windows have multiple layers and can't just collapse in on you.

They're laminated so should never full shatter.

I had an impact slightly smaller than John's one there a couple of years back but the crack eventually went the full height of the windscreen after I'd left the car at the station to go to work.

I'm on my third windscreen now I think :(

You'd be as well entering the car in a banger race at this rate John!

LOL! With Number 13 on it! Ha! The car is going in beginning April to get the car park damage sorted out but I'm not gonna bother with the bonnet damage as it isn't too bad. I'll just cover it with a sticker. I need to replace my sunstrip though BOO!

Mark, its not just a chip, its a bit of a hole and lots of long and getting longer cracks spreading from it ;)

It's getting sorted at the college on Tuesday :(

You'd be as well entering the car in a banger race at this rate John!

One careful owner indeed!

Never mind John, your luck might change at the weekend, and your team might actually get a result :(

Doubt it!

Your luck MUST change soon though John. ;)