Rear Strut Question

Alright guys

was speaking to someone with an Impreza today that advised me that when im going to be replacing my struts that the brake flexi has to be disconnected in order to replace the strut unit due to the setup of the mounting of the flexi on the strut?

Can anyone confirm this is right?

Seems a bit f**ked up imo but thought id check before i start stripping half the car down to get a wee surprise

The brake flex is just bracketed/held to the strut rather than being fed through it in anyway. Shoudl more or less unclip from the base collar of the strut after slackening a nut.. No need to remove the flex from the car it'll just dangle around until the new strut is installed.

I think there is actually a wee bracketty thing in there that originally would have allowed the hose to be unclipped but that pic is just like mine was and it's usually rusted in there solid, I had to hack saw through my brackets to change my struts :( as you said a pain in the rear end and a couple of skint knuckles :}

I think there is actually a wee bracketty thing in there that originally would have allowed the hose to be unclipped

I removed the "wee bracketty thing" before I took the pictures, it releases the metal part of the hose from being held on the main bracket but it does not allow you to remove the hose from the strut.

I removed the "wee bracketty thing" before I took the pictures, it releases the metal part of the hose from being held on the main bracket but it does not allow you to remove the hose from the strut.

Ahhh mine was rusted solid anyways so it had to be the hacksaw :thumbup: