Number Plates

No the only LEGAL plates are those on STANDARD WHITE OR YELLOW REFLECTIVE backround, with NO WATERMARKS ETC, the plates must be legal size, with legal font and spacing and the suppliers postal code and telephone number at the bottom, no badges are allowed.

Just get them.

The way I see it is that if the no. plate lettering is easily readable (ie standard size) then the police don't really bother.

Its the plates that have been messed about, dots put in to make a new letter, weird fonts and sizes that gets attention.

Obviously the plates are illegal. But theres illegal then theres taking the piss.

Interestingly, there is not "standard" size of plate.. in the sense that it can be any size, (as long as the font & spacing is correct) but the only requirements for physical size seems to be the space between the edge of the font and the edge of the plate. So narrower plates are legal as long as they adhere to the spacing rules.. Mine is legal for that rason.. I have it narrower than the normal plates because of only 1 number instead of 3, looks better that way than all the excess white space.. But doesn't have the postcode at the bottom of hte plate.. just a website address.. But it does have the proper British standard Kitemark on it ;)

As mentioned above the only marks you are allowed are the psotcode of the manufacturer, british standard marking and the flag of nationality on the left hand side.. UK or EU.. if Sco, ENG or WALES is used then it much bbe accompanies with the EU flag as well. Strange one though because halfords make up the plates with just Scottish flag and no EU flag.. Which isn't legal. ;)

Who woulda thunk it? ;)

Stunning Hawk Een STi, BTW ;)

Please settle a family argument:

How come you have a fog lamp aperture on one side of your bumper and an STi cover on the other - some kind of air intake?

Thanks for compliment ;)

To settle the argument.... I've got a Green Panel Filter and have removed my resonator box inside the inner wing and now run a dedicated air intake from the cover to my airbox. Not entirely sure it makes a difference, but it looks a bit different to the norm and I've not seen another like it...... yet. :D

Thanks Rich.. thats one of my favorite pics of the car. :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

To settle the argument.... I've got a Green Panel Filter and have removed my resonator box inside the inner wing and now run a dedicated air intake from the cover to my airbox.

Aaah, interesting - cheers for clearing that up (no thanks from the wife, she just lost a tenner ;)).

Not entirely sure it makes a difference, but it looks a bit different to the norm and I've not seen another like it...... yet. :lol:

Aye, the asymmetrical arrangement does give it a rather Dalek-like menacing presence ;)

EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!

My plates were made by FancyPlates. The plate is 'standard size', the font is the proper size and spacing but they have no official 'markings' or manufactures postcode and has a Subaru badge where the EU badge would be. I passed my MOT with these plates so they must be legal. No?

To settle the argument.... I've got a Green Panel Filter and have removed my resonator box inside the inner wing and now run a dedicated air intake from the cover to my airbox. Not entirely sure it makes a difference, but it looks a bit different to the norm and I've not seen another like it...... yet. ;)

Grant, do you have ducting from the cover running up inside the wing to the standard airbox then? Any reason for choosing the Green panel filter over the hundreds of other options?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by sparky_sj04

Thumbs up for FancyPlates.Com too.........I hated the long ersed number plate on The Patriot so got L9 BPM on Ebay for only £99 !

Just fitted them tonight :-

They'll cut ( neatly !) to any size you wish

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

All legit but no BS Standards mark either - passed it's MOT with Weeb's funky ( Standard Ireland ? ) font too

Cal

p.s I also have an non-ironing board for the first time in 4 years of Scooby ownership ;) - fitted this week but needs painting

Grant, do you have ducting from the cover running up inside the wing to the standard airbox then? Any reason for choosing the Green panel filter over the hundreds of other options?

Cheers

Mark

Yup, got ducting up to the airbox in an attempt to channel some cool air up to where its needed.. the Green Filters performed well in a magazine test done a few years back and it was easy to pop up to AWD in Perth and pick one up on a lunchbreak when I worked round the corner. IIRC it was about £30 and they even fitted it for free, haha, took them just under 45 seconds I think. ;)

Cheers,

Grant

Yup, got ducting up to the airbox in an attempt to channel some cool air up to where its needed.. the Green Filters performed well in a magazine test done a few years back and it was easy to pop up to AWD in Perth and pick one up on a lunchbreak when I worked round the corner. IIRC it was about £30 and they even fitted it for free, haha, took them just under 45 seconds I think. ;)

Cheers,

Grant

Nice one Grant, cheers for that.. ;)

My front plate is exact same as RS grants, only ever been pulled by cops once about the plate, about 6 weeks ago!

they gave me warning as size of text too small, and plate should have manufacturers / place plate purchased name across the bottom of the plate.

Damm that's just reminded me, i will need to get it changed :lol: