Tribute To Dougie

The last time I spoke to Dougie was at Lanark before we headed off to Banbury. He was ogling a converted Impreza that a disabled woman was driving. :rolleyes:

Anyway I think he would like his own convoy so I would suggest we meet somewhere near the Crem and arrive in good order with Spooks leading in Dereks' RB5 and wearing black ribbons and showing respect the way that SIDC do. I don't know the area very well so is there somewhere where we can collect and group?

Unfortunately the SpecG is off the road until February, so I'll be coming through (with Melly) in a BMW... I would be up for tagging onto the back of the Convoy behind the Subarus.

It depends where everyone is coming from, but I think the easiest route for us (from north) is past the Airport and onto the City Bypass that way, so might be possible to meet at Ingleston?

Just thinking out loud really, I'm sure that local peeps will have a better idea about places to meet.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi

When you turn off the bypass, you could then go under the by pass, heading away from edinburgh. Take the first turn off towards loanhead(about 500 yards) there is an industrial estate there, halfords etc. Plenty free parking.

The crematorium is then about 1-1.5 miles away on a straight road heading towards edinburgh.

Geoff

Edited by geoffg
Hi

When you turn off the bypass, you could then go under the by pass, heading away from edinburgh. Take the first turn off towards loanhead(about 500 yards) there is an industrial estate there, halfords etc. Plenty free parking.

The crematorium is then about 1-1.5 miles away on a straight road heading towards edinburgh.

Geoff

Is that the road before Ikea?

Its before Ikea, When you go under the bypass there are some lights, where the west bound traffic comes off. About 100 yards later there are more lights, there is a slip road to the left, the shops are at the top of the wee hill.

cant miss it

Geoff

Its before Ikea, When you go under the bypass there are some lights, where the west bound traffic comes off. About 100 yards later there are more lights, there is a slip road to the left, the shops are at the top of the wee hill.

cant miss it

Geoff

Could we meet at ikea? At least I know where that is? Us Aberdeen lads will get lost as there are no sheep field reference areas down that way....

The retail park is called Straiton Retail Park which is just before Ikea, it has Halfords etc there.

Take the Straiton Junction off from the City Bypass down to round about, right round, through traffic lights then first left up to mini round about, take off to the right and you are in the retail park.

Hope that helps you guys.