300 Club

Joined the 300 club today :driving:

I've got a MY05 WRX wagon and over the last year I've had fitted -

Walbro fuel pump

Meercat decatted snakehead downpipe

Meercat centre section....................... kept the Prodrive backbox.

In recent months I'd been thinking about a remap but kept on telling myself that I didn't need it etc.

But...........eventually I thought, 'To hell with the credit crunch'!!! and set my plan in motion.

Did my research on what I wanted then went about trying to source the parts.

In the end I got

VF34 from Jimser

Big scoop and undertray from Peter

Pink injectors from AndyJDMSTI

STI TMIC from BobbyC

Meercat up pipe

Off to see Andy F today and ended up with figures of 334/335 which I'm very happy with. :banana2:

A bit more than I was expecting as well.

VF34 spools up a bit later than the TD04 but when it winds up................ :banana:

Andy said I could've got another 10BHP if I had a different backbox but I like the sound I get

with my current set up.

So, thanks to everyone that was willing to part with their parts and also to everyone that I've been

sending PM's to asking them questions about things they had done/where they got this or that etc etc

You know who you are!!!! :lol:

Had a great drive on the way home :thumbup:

Nice one mate! What torque did you get with that?

And you got a VF34 from Jimser? What is he doing, growing them or soemthing?! I got mine from him too you see :thumbup:

Enjoy the car. I need to think about moving on, too many people in the 300 club! Do I really need two kidneys or two lungs? Hmmm :banana:

Nice one mate! What torque did you get with that?

And you got a VF34 from Jimser? What is he doing, growing them or soemthing?! I got mine from him too you see :thumbup:

Enjoy the car. I need to think about moving on, too many people in the 300 club! Do I really need two kidneys or two lungs? Hmmm :banana:

Got 335 torques to go with my 334 horses and yes Jimser seems to have a VF34 sweat shop going on in his shed!!!

Yeah....the 300 club too common for you now!!!! :D

Richie, is your car a 2.0 litre Blobeye? I'm slowly collecting a similar pile of bits for my wife's WRX, with the exception of the VF34 - I intend getting an Andy F TD04H to keep the drivability for her. If that is the numbers you made, then 310-320 is what I'm looking for and doesn't seem to be too optimistic .

Richie, is your car a 2.0 litre Blobeye? I'm slowly collecting a similar pile of bits for my wife's WRX, with the exception of the VF34 - I intend getting an Andy F TD04H to keep the drivability for her. If that is the numbers you made, then 310-320 is what I'm looking for and doesn't seem to be too optimistic .

Yes mate. MY05 Blobeye WRX.

When I decided to go for it, I read up other posts on what folk on here did to their WRX. I wanted to

keep the gearbox/clutch as safe as I could and didn't want to have to get forged internals etc (I think that's right?? :thumbup: )

Also looked at Andy's website and the different stages. Initially thought that Stage 2 would be good then thought...what about Stage 2a :banana: .

Stage 2a is supposed to be 300-320BHP and so my result was a bit better. Andy said I could've had another

10BHP if it wasn't for my Prodrive backbox.

As for driveability....Andy puts the boost on a high or low setting that's interchangeable via your rear de-mister.

My low boost is set to about 250bhp with hight at 334bhp. Andy can alter the low boost to what you prefer.

Edited by Richie Cross