Type Ra Dccd

Right guys rekon my box needs rebuilt in v2 sti ra as trying to move the car just now locks all the wheels after a couple yards,

Who could rebuild it? where how much and where could i get replacement ra gears?

Thanks Greig

I doubt your gea***t would have anything to do with that !!. When you say move, are you driving or pushing, in gear or in neutral ?

---john---

Edited by JohnSt
I doubt your gea***t would have anything to do with that !!. When you say move, are you driving or pushing, in gear or in neutral ?

---john---

when its being driven forwards and worse in reverse

in neutral when i lift the clutch with the car started its cluncks like a foot ball claker and if you take clutch right out the car stalls.... Were all confused thought thrust bearing hitting the fingers hence gubbed clutch then when wheels lock we thought diff but its all 4 wheels so thought gearbox/transfer box im lost and now need to get the car from my house to the workshop so will need to organise transport.

Wish i understood more about it.

Anyone want to come take a look listen

oh aye other one someone said was DRiveshaft

when its being driven forwards and worse in reverse

in neutral when i lift the clutch with the car started its cluncks like a foot ball claker and if you take clutch right out the car stalls.... Were all confused thought thrust bearing hitting the fingers hence gubbed clutch then when wheels lock we thought diff but its all 4 wheels so thought gearbox/transfer box im lost and now need to get the car from my house to the workshop so will need to organise transport.

Wish i understood more about it.

Anyone want to come take a look listen

oh aye other one someone said was DRiveshaft

Ah, that's more like it, yes, I'd say you have mangled either a gear or your dropgears in the centre diff. Drop the gearbox oil and see if it's full of teeth.

To move it disconnect the prop from the rear diff, if it's the drop gears you are good to go. If it's one of the gears you'll need to pop the front driveshafts too.

---john---

Grieg, If you need to move it give me a shout, I owe you a favour anyway!

Cheers, Paul T.

Alright paul top bloke got the red one away the other day after we set fire to it with a grinder oppslol

ill give you a shout if thats ok mate not sure when i need to speak to my mate with the barn and the 4 poster.

Cheers Greig

P.S shout about AS at lauireston been told off a few folk they were good

Edited by Spaceman
Ah, that's more like it, yes, I'd say you have mangled either a gear or your dropgears in the centre diff. Drop the gearbox oil and see if it's full of teeth.

To move it disconnect the prop from the rear diff, if it's the drop gears you are good to go. If it's one of the gears you'll need to pop the front driveshafts too.

---john---

How will i tell which it is John does the centre diff have seperate oil?

if it is just the centre diff are these rebuildable cheap or can a replacement be had easily?

Do you have one in your pile i could buy if its that?

take it the centre diff i have from the red jap wrx won`t be the same?

Cheers John

Alright paul top bloke got the red one away the other day after we set fire to it with a grinder oppslol

ill give you a shout if thats ok mate not sure when i need to speak to my mate with the barn and the 4 poster.

Cheers Greig

P.S shout about AS at lauireston been told off a few folk they were good

Nae bother!

Paul T.

How will i tell which it is John does the centre diff have seperate oil?

if it is just the centre diff are these rebuildable cheap or can a replacement be had easily?

Do you have one in your pile i could buy if its that?

take it the centre diff i have from the red jap wrx won`t be the same?

Cheers John

It's likely to be the gearbox rather than the centre diff. If I were you I'd take a step back, your existing ratios are ****e anyway so why not try to find something more suitable. The ratios in an RA box arre there for Homologation purposes, for rally cars with 32mm restrictors. That's why they are so close. Without that restriction you would be far better off with gearing meant for a WRX, or if you plan more power, UK ratios are the daddy for where you are going to use the car.

---john---

It's likely to be the gearbox rather than the centre diff. If I were you I'd take a step back, your existing ratios are ****e anyway so why not try to find something more suitable. The ratios in an RA box arre there for Homologation purposes, for rally cars with 32mm restrictors. That's why they are so close. Without that restriction you would be far better off with gearing meant for a WRX, or if you plan more power, UK ratios are the daddy for where you are going to use the car.

---john---

cool john i have the box from the jap wrx comp with the centre diff and rear diff would i have

to swap out both the cntre and rear diffto go with the wrx box or will the ra rear diff be ok and can i leave in the centre diff with the dccd?

not sure how these things interlink

or will i have to bin the dccd altogether i quite like it,

Thanks for all your help so far guys

What you need is a ty754 uk box unless your coming out next year with 200bhp/lb ft then the old chocolate boxes will be fine. ;)

It just so happens that I may have one :huh:

ah arch how goes it car comeing along ok?

how much ma looking at from you would i need anything else or will this box just go straight in and match up to my existing diffs?

Cheers Greig

ah arch how goes it car comeing along ok?

how much ma looking at from you would i need anything else or will this box just go straight in and match up to my existing diffs?

Cheers Greig

Greig

PM John he knows the boxes I have and what diffs you have and he would be best to advise but from memory all my boxes are UK ratio's with 3.9 rear diff's. I have a few options that would vary in cost one which may be perfect if your uping your power but I think we would need to chat about that. I dont think I have a spare 3.9 diff but John may well have.

:huh:

Edited by Arch

Cool cheers arch i may do a few things when funds allow but not mad power prob just a safe 300 or so,

Could you pm me a rought price for a box arch obviously i understand it could be more just so i know what money i have to get together going to try get car to workshop and box out over the next couple of weeks and want it running again before xmas,

cheers for your help

Greig, Arches boxes are mostly 3.9s though he does have a 752 cased gearbox containing a 754 ver UK gear set with 4.11 diffs.

The other boxes he has have UK ratios with 3.9 diffs.

One of these with your DCCD fitted in the centre would requite a 3.9 crownwheel in the rear diff. I 'think' I have one but would need to check. It may be that you don't need one anyway as that may be what is in your car.

So still need the code from either the box or, assuming it's never been changed, the VIN plate also has the details, again it'll be TY752xxVBxxx

---john---

Edited by JohnSt
Greig, Arches boxes are mostly 3.9s though he does have a 752 cased gearbox containing a 754 ver UK gear set with 4.11 diffs.

The other boxes he has have UK ratios with 3.9 diffs.

One of these with your DCCD fitted in the centre would requite a 3.9 crownwheel in the rear diff. I 'think' I have one but would need to check. It may be that you don't need one anyway as that may be what is in your car.

So still need the code from either the box or, assuming it's never been changed, the VIN plate also has the details, again it'll be TY752xxVBxxx

---john---

Cool cheers John im out on nightshift so been a bit lazy but me and evil evo are going to drop the oil out the box the morro and ill get the codes as wellso ill still be able to use my dccd with a uk box?

thanks grieg

The box in your RA is the correct box for the car.

Your rear diff is 3.9:1 Yeah B)

Your current cr4ppy ratios suited to a power band of about 2000rpm :thumbup:

are RA Spare Box UK Box

1st 3.454 3.454 3.454

2nd 2.333 2.062 1.947

3rd 1.75 1.448 1.366

4rth 1.354 1.088 0.972

5th 0.972 0.825 0.738

FD 3.9 4.11 3.9

Easiest way tell what your spare rear diff is is to remove the rear cover and rotate the diff. You can figure it out without taking it off, but's only eight bolts and it's not in the car. On the crownwheel it'll be stamped either:

39:10

39:11

37:9

40:9

Interestingly your 5th is exactly the same as 4rth on a UK box..... Hmmm nice overdriven 5th for getting to events up north :(

Edited by JohnSt