New Noise Levels At Knockhill

I'm no fan of loud exhausts on public roads - when I hear them going past my house I want to reach inside their windows and rip their good-for-nuthin' shielded-by-Burberry eyes from their too-close-together sockets. HOWEVER - surely just about anything should be good to go on a race track? ;)

Freakin' H&S, I'll bet... :thumbup:

This is a bad thing and I think that a lot of people will fail these tests, not just Subaru owners but there are LOTS of different makes which tend to be loud as fook once you stick an exhaust system on.

How do they rule against cars that are running big boost with ext. wastegates and screamer pipes, surely a screamer pipe is putting out pretty severe dB but wont show up if you're just revving it standing still as its designed to operate under load. Unless they're going to monitor it constantly throughout the trackday at a set point on the circuit and black flag 'offenders' with loud cars, this is flawed rule.

Cheers,

Grant

Yes please Davie, first dibs on a go of the Db meter. A fiver sounds about right but you can pay me more if you really want.

How about a tenner then Col, just for your humour!!!

No probs guys anytime, just PM me and i will see if i am in your area and will pop round or if anyone is in the Rutherglen area then let me know.

I always keep it in the car for works purposes anyway.