Do We Have Any Members Of Sigc?

We've got The OSIDC, The SIBC and just wondering if there is anyone on here that plays golf, A.K.A: The SIGC??

Me and one of my friends have just started to play, had a few games around a local 9-hole course before progressing onto big-boys golf but its quite relaxing/fun to wander round the local 18-hole course having a laugh and playing a bit of golf... My scores so far have been:

Thats been on a par 71 course. How does everyone else get on??

Cheers,

Grant

We've got The OSIDC, The SIBC and just wondering if there is anyone on here that plays golf, A.K.A: The SIGC??

Me and one of my friends have just started to play, had a few games around a local 9-hole course before progressing onto big-boys golf but its quite relaxing/fun to wander round the local 18-hole course having a laugh and playing a bit of golf... My scores so far have been:

Thats been on a par 71 course. How does everyone else get on??

Cheers,

Grant

Wait... you're scoring in the 80s and you have jsut STARTED to play? I think someone is at it! The best I have ever managed at the local 18 holer, which, according to real golfers is not a difficult course, is 83. Took me two or three years to get to that! I gave up for a few years becasue of neck problems but came back again this year to try it out again. Like you, did the 9-hole thing for a couple of rounds and then back to the 18-holer and scored 99! I'd expect that to come down with a few rounds though, probably back into the 80s. I just don't have the knack for it AT ALL! Golf is all right of you don't take it too seriously, which I tired to do and ended up being a waste of a good walk. If you're out to hit a few balls for the fun and social thing, then it really is quite rewarding.

No no, thats genuine scoring mate.. I played through the summer about 8-9 years ago in the summer holidays when I was at school, but that really was just at the 9-holer and more of a muck around to pass time and have a laugh. I decided to take it a wee bit more seriously this time round and move onto the 'proper' course, but I'm not expecting to break any records or go in for any competitions, I'm just happy that I dont embarass myself when I'm out there and that I still have a laugh and a joke on the way round. :D

Edit: Meant to say, this isn't an extremely testing course either, the fairways are reasonably forgiving but its reasonable length and Par 71 reflects that I suppose.

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant
I'm in semi-retirement from it just now. Gave up my club membership as it was costing a fortune and I wasn't enjoying it. A couple of games a year will do me now I think.

Yeah, if you're not enjoying it, there is really no point, is there? Especially at the prices clubs charge.