Merc Sl65 Amg

Coming home from work yesterday afternoon, crossing the Erskine Bridge.

Only doing about 70 and caught up with some slower cars so pulled out to overtake

them.

Ahead of me was another car overtaking, a black 56 plate SL65 AMG.

He was only doing about 65 so I don't know if he thought I'd try to race him (as if!!!)

but he decided to floor it.

Blimey....don't think I've seen anything in the flesh move so quickly.

I had gone to 80 but felt like I was standing still.

Had a look at the stats for the car:

612bhp / 737lb/ft :thumbup:

Unlimited, a 200mph car!

£146k!!!

But for all that money, the 0-60 is 4.2secs which I'm sure there are some Scoobies that can do that at

a massive fraction of the price.

Very nice though.

Edited by Richie Cross

I tried 'racing' a modified Ferrari F40 years ago in my first scoob near Dunkeld on the A9, never seen anything move so quick in my life!! I thought i had selected reverse. Got some pics somewhere will try and find them.

Actually spoke to the owner later on when I saw it parked up, was running a factory tuned engine with 850bhp!

4.2 0-60 is heavily affected by traction. The computers have to work super hard to get all that power on the floor through the rear wheels.

I remember when I had my wee 1.4 civic I had a C43 AMG behind me coming onto the M73. I don't think I've ever seen a car make so little fuss about going from 50 to warp speed.

Andy's got Wilky's old CLK55 AMG Pace Car edition I thought.

Yes he has, he never quite recovered from the pumping the AMG gave the S9, or the double Tonne experience and demanded a swap. As I had planned all along. (chuckle)

Yes he has, he never quite recovered from the pumping the AMG gave the S9, or the double Tonne experience and demanded a swap. As I had planned all along. (chuckle)

Too true young chap!!

Atleast with this car people get out your way when they see you bear down on them :banana2:

I tried 'racing' a modified Ferrari F40 years ago in my first scoob near Dunkeld on the A9, never seen anything move so quick in my life!! I thought i had selected reverse. Got some pics somewhere will try and find them.

Actually spoke to the owner later on when I saw it parked up, was running a factory tuned engine with 850bhp!

Slightly different tack, but just bought a GSXR1000 K4 and it puts my Scoob (350ish hp) acceleration into perspective. Different world, but still love the Scoob.