I know someone who is looking for a P1.

He is looking at one for sale at Torness Motors -

Dunbar Road,

East Linton

EAST LOTHIAN,

EH40 3DE

Link :

P1 for sale

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about the car or the garage based on there personal experiance.

Is it over priced ?

The engine has been replaced, is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

Is there anything else he should be looking out for ?

I dont know anything about P1s other than the engine usually goes bang so any advice for him on either the car or the garage would be great.

Thanks, Al

Looks like the interior has been attacked with a Halfrauds Rattle Can and the front bumper has been cut for a Front Mount at some point too (can also tell by lack of Number Plate Holder & random Number Plate positioning).... and at 10k, I'd probably steer clear and look for a decent Owners Club car on P1WOC or Pistonheads. Ok, it'll maybe cost another 1-2k to buy, but should prove a more rewarding car to drive/own than one thats had a bit of a tough time. :P

Cheers,

Grant

• Upvote 1

If I remember right Ian Grieve of Falkirk had a nice P1 in their showroom last time I was in, but that was a few weeks ago. Had a folder full of info. Not sure about price, history (ALL in the folder by look of it!!), mileage etc but it did look good.

If I remember right Ian Grieve of Falkirk had a nice P1 in their showroom last time I was in, but that was a few weeks ago. Had a folder full of info. Not sure about price, history (ALL in the folder by look of it!!), mileage etc but it did look good.

Was up last week nice car looking for £12,995.

Also one for sale in East Kilbride for £10k but not had a look.

Edited by STI Pretender

http://www.iangrievesubaru.co.uk/UsedCars.aspx is their used car site.. it'll be in decent condition if they're retailing it, and at that mileage, I'd expect it to have had a rebuild but you should get a warranty with it anyway?

Looks like its got a couple of mods on it too: Exhaust, 18's, Prodrive Alcon Brakes, Prodrive Gearknob, CD Player... worth a phonecall to chat about it with them.

Cheers,

Grant

That car has been for sale since I was in Iraq over xmas/new year. I enquired about it, but they never got back to me.

No it hasn't,so you didnt enquire on this one m8,in fact we havn't had a p1 since last november for sale :thumbup:

Anyway this has every reciept from new including its original bill of sale for £31500,ouch!!

Reciept for new engine at nobles and full full full service history,all in all a proper car with a year warranty.

Gav

No it hasn't,so you didnt enquire on this one m8,in fact we havn't had a p1 since last november for sale :thumbup:

Anyway this has every reciept from new including its original bill of sale for £31500,ouch!!

Reciept for new engine at nobles and full full full service history,all in all a proper car with a year warranty.

Gav

Gav i think BigAl might have been refering to the P1 in the original post. As for the one Gav is selling i know two of the former keepers and it was always well looked after.

Edited by paul555sti

Gav

Gav, i meant the one at Torness Motors mate.

Al

Al,

Can't comment on the car in question but I did visit the garage in question once.

Last summer while scowering the earth for an immaculate example for my first Impreza I enquired about an 03 or 04 WRX they had for sale at that time. I stressed that I was coming all the way from Fife and would appreciate an honest appraisal of the car.

I particularly asked about any imperfections on the bodywork.

I was told it was near perfect, so of I set on my 120 mile round trip. ^_^

To say I was gutted on arrival would have been a slight understatement, as after about 3 seconds it was clear the car had competed in numerous off road competitions or someone had been detailing the car with a large wire brush. :P:thumbup:

Never the less I still took the car out for a wee test drive and judging by the way the young salesman was gripping on to his seat I can only assume he had never been a passenger in an Impreza before. :D

This may have been a one off and I am certainly not having a go at the garage, just sharing my one and only experience with them. :D

• 11 years later...

Does anyone have pics of the p1 with the odd positioned reg? One of my mates bought it off torness and it was an absolute howler!! Had 5k in receipts for engine rebuild and half the stuff hadn't been done. 1st time he opened it up the temp guage went up quicker than the speedo ??