Just Back From Hypertech

Got some whiteline goodies fitted today by Duncan at HYPERTECH. I had rear drop links, rear anti roll bar and a front strut brace put on my car. Both Duncan and his Dad were full of good advice and answered all my (stupid :D ) questions. They fitted it all for free as well - great guys.

It's the first time I've been up there but it won't be the last.

Cheers fellas......

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/scoo...tstrutbrace.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/scoo...roplinkarb1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/scoo...roplinkarb2.jpg

Car seems to feel a lot more planted going round corners now ;):P

post-3282-1213197310.jpg

post-3282-1213197325.jpg

post-3282-1213197335.jpg

Wish I'd known you were coming through I'm only two minutes from Duncans you could have been up for a brew :D, just waitin on my empty flat selling & the ole scoob is going in to Duncans for some mods before the wife spends it all lol :P

Wish I'd known you were coming through I'm only two minutes from Duncans you could have been up for a brew :D, just waitin on my empty flat selling & the ole scoob is going in to Duncans for some mods before the wife spends it all lol :P

I wish I had known - I would have dropped in, I will give you a PM before I come up the next time......What have you got in mind for the GB270?

Much the same as yourself, I've done the center pipe & back box, still to do the down pipe then anti-lift kit & drop links, front & rear strut braces & K-sport front brake upgrade, i'll see how it handles after that.

I don't know what injectors are in the 270 once Duncan finds out it might be new injectors & re-map or turbo as well not sure how much power you can push with top mounted intercooler but woul be happy with 350 if I can get it. Every time I mention Hypertech the missis gets Hyper :P

Much the same as yourself, I've done the center pipe & back box, still to do the down pipe then anti-lift kit & drop links, front & rear strut braces & K-sport front brake upgrade, i'll see how it handles after that.

I don't know what injectors are in the 270 once Duncan finds out it might be new injectors & re-map or turbo as well not sure how much power you can push with top mounted intercooler but woul be happy with 350 if I can get it. Every time I mention Hypertech the missis gets Hyper :P

Ha ha I know the feeling.

Speaking to Duncan yesterday, he was recomending an anti lift kit for me next. I am toying with the idea of puting a bigger turbo in as soon as finances allow.........I said I wasn't going to do anything to this one as well!!!

See the alu drop links scoobysailor has fitted to his Wrx can they fit on the Sti .I have at the moment spherical bearing drop links which i think are a bit worn .I am getting this clunking noise from passenger side rear when changing gear at low revs and when lifting of the gas at low revs ie slowing down and going down the gears .This noise does not happen when acelarating way out of a junction ie going up the box .

Edited by Dipsy

I don't know what injectors are in the 270 once Duncan finds out it might be new injectors & re-map or turbo as well not sure how much power you can push with top mounted intercooler but woul be happy with 350 if I can get it. Every time I mention Hypertech the missis gets Hyper :D

wouldnt worry too much about the top mount intercooler,i'm running near 500bhp on fuel mix and 420ish bhp on road fuel.as long as its on the move it will be fine.

I don't know what injectors are in the 270 once Duncan finds out it might be new injectors & re-map or turbo as well not sure how much power you can push with top mounted intercooler but woul be happy with 350 if I can get it. Every time I mention Hypertech the missis gets Hyper :D

Yeah, as Jimser said, your TMIC will be ok, but your turbo won't give you the 350 your looking for but I'm pretty sure your injectors will. You're looking at an uprated turbo to get the 350 you want with a remap of course. Your cats will restrict you as well, so you might want to consider at least a sports cat. A full decat is worth around another 30bhp but it wont be legal - hence the reason I went down the sports-cat route.

Edited by TheWelsho