Need Advice With Airbox

went to check what kind of air filter a had there and noticed there is only 2 clips holding the airbox down is this correct? could u guys have a look on your cars and see if its the same doesnt seem right a have 2 clips on the side nearest the wing but nothing on the side next to the engine looks asif there should be clips there aswell ,av added a pic to try show what a mean thanks in advance

Picture009.jpg

What you have mentioned thats all the air box has .Your air box is not sitting write at the bottom there are two plastic lugs that sit in a grove and yours is in one side and out the other .So unclip the top lift the lid of the air box and locate the two plastic lugs in the plastic groves or slots what every you won't to call them

Edited by Dipsy
What you have mentioned thats all the air box has .Your air box is not sitting write at the bottom there are two plastic lugs that sit in a grove and yours is in one side and out the other

thanks mate,nice job whoever fitted my last air filter

just tryed to lift it up slide the slot in and move in down to clip it in but it wont go , its an aftermarket green filter thats in and it seems to thick ad end up breaking the box trying to get it to go in , if a take the filter out the box closes like it should but thats not much good , al just need to order a proper subaru filter

Heya,

The standard filter is much the same... It does all fit in nicely.. Can take a fair bit of wiggling and maybe the odd trapped finger bit it will all slot in at the last minute.. :D

Was checking my air-filter last week and found the same problem of trying to fit it back together properly... :D

Heya,

The standard filter is much the same... It does all fit in nicely.. Can take a fair bit of wiggling and maybe the odd trapped finger bit it will all slot in at the last minute.. :D

Was checking my air-filter last week and found the same problem of trying to fit it back together properly... :D

probably just me but a couldnt get it to move scared a broke the box ,whoever last serviced it musta had the same problem and just left it

You have to lift the lid with pushing against the air filter with pushing the lugs in the slot .It can take a few go with getting the plastic lugs in the bottom half of the air box slots

thats me got it a found if a took off the plastic pipe that comes from the airbox it let me lift the lid right up

Edited by Bugeye29