Air Intake Options?

is the smooth stainless pipe u can get that goes from the panel filter any gd ?

i love the sound of an inducytion kit or a cold air kit but these mean you need to get a remap as far as i know. Not really needed unless your going for big power but to me they sound great. Alternatively an upgraded panel filter will do.

Hi have an 02 sti type uk , just wondered should i fit a performance panel filter ? or go with an iduction kit ,whats gonna give me the best performance :D

fitting an induction kit without remap will give you hee haw gains and only trouble.

if you feel the need to change the air filter then sti or green are good.

personally i would spend my money on something else entirely unless your going to

upgrade other parts as well and re-map.just my personal opinion of course :D

I would do the whole exhaust first...

well when i got the car it had the following specs

Exhaust headers modification+rapped

RMC downpipe, de cat pipe thermal coated

DBA brake discs

Pagid blue pads all round

Braided brake hoses

AST suspension

re mapped by scooby clinic,

since then av fitted a Blitz nur spec R exhaust , it had a green filter in but could do with a new 1 so ordered a simota filter also putting a new set of NGK PFR 7B plugs in aswell

nice spec of car youve got there mate! whereabouts in central are you? i could be wrong but i think youd only really need to go to an induction kit if you were uprating the turbo and injectors- i had this discussion with Andy F just before i had mine mapped and stuck with the panel filter for just now with similar mods to you, but i did add the zero sports ss pipe from the airbox as it looks pretty :hyper: and im sure it does help the air flow more smoothly but i doubt it increase power or torque.