Wedding Car

Looking great, did you do all the work yourself?

Yup. I cannot for the life of me, see what pleasure you can derive from this Iain! very hard work. The results are good but the effort is too much for me!

Thanks guys and girl. :thumbup:

Edited by TheWelsho
The more time you spend on it in a day means less work in the weeks and months to come.

Spent 30 hours on the BM so far and still got plenty to do :shutup:

How often should I do the following things:

Claybar

Polish

Wax

The car was clay barred and machine polished when the stickers came off about months ago and the paint is still pretty much free of road-tar and felt pretty smooth even before I polished it. Although I machine polished it I removed the polish by hand, hard work man! :thumbup:

How often should I do the following things:

Claybar

Polish

Wax

The car was clay barred and machine polished when the stickers came off about months ago and the paint is still pretty much free of road-tar and felt pretty smooth even before I polished it. Although I machine polished it I removed the polish by hand, hard work man! :thumbup:

Depends on things like car use, time of year as to how dirty roads are and products used.

Reckon along lines of :

Claybar - once every 6 months or so (I try for spring and just before winter)

Machine polish only when it needs it, even if once/twice a year (less the better considering what your doing to the paint). Get in to that two bucket method plus get a good quality wash mitt and that cuts down on the swirls/scratches. A good quality car wash liquid also.

Wax as often as you like, but once every two months is good. Can get top up to your wax to maintain the look which makes it sparkle every week or so and last longer also.

Agree there is a lot of effort but as scoobyiain says the more spent at the start the less is needed to keep it looking good week after week.....although 30hours "so far", wow !! :shutup:

Looking good there :thumbup:

This cleaning/polishing/waxing lark is hard work and I have always enjoyed it. Have just spend almost 2 and a half days with my new G220 on the Scoob and on my cheap runaround and whilst I was absolutely knackered at the end of it, the results really made it all worth while. Will post some pics once I get them downloaded.

But 30 hours on one car so far? That is some going!

Bodywork looking good John - well done on your efforts - but may I offer a small criticism?

The mudflaps.

The inside of the mudflaps to be precise. I KNOW cleaning the inside of the mudflaps is perhaps taking things a little too far, but all it takes is another 2-3 minutes going round them with a brillo pad. I've been doing mine (Scott Lowe flaps) and I feel it makes for a much better look.

Mind you, I had my mudflaps off yesterday & today, scrubbed both sides of all 4 in the sink (Mrs wasn't chuffed!) then sanded down the brackets. I then gave each bracket two coats of grey primer then 3 coats of lovely 22G Subaru Red (aerosol sourced from Scott Paints, Chapellhall).

Finished them off with some new white 'stars & swooshes' logos (the ones that were on there were a bit scruffy) then painted all the bolts with the Subaru touch-up pen too.

All nice & colourcoded!

Who is the lassie in the last pic BTW?

Bodywork looking good John - well done on your efforts - but may I offer a small criticism?

The mudflaps.

The inside of the mudflaps to be precise. I KNOW cleaning the inside of the mudflaps is perhaps taking things a little too far, but all it takes is another 2-3 minutes going round them with a brillo pad. I've been doing mine (Scott Lowe flaps) and I feel it makes for a much better look.

Mind you, I had my mudflaps off yesterday & today, scrubbed both sides of all 4 in the sink (Mrs wasn't chuffed!) then sanded down the brackets. I then gave each bracket two coats of grey primer then 3 coats of lovely 22G Subaru Red (aerosol sourced from Scott Paints, Chapellhall).

Finished them off with some new white 'stars & swooshes' logos (the ones that were on there were a bit scruffy) then painted all the bolts with the Subaru touch-up pen too.

All nice & colourcoded!

Who is the lassie in the last pic BTW?

Yeah, you're right Andy. I do neglect them becasue I couldn't shift the dirt with a sponge, I never thought if the Brillo pad idea, will defo do that next time. I actually got some clay to do the outside of the flaps, casue you can still see the outline of the Pirelli stickers that were on there. Might just Brollo those too. Cheers for the suggestion B) I also have a few little dings here and there, I think I will address those instead of getting decals, well full-on decals :rotfl: I have some modest ones planned.

The lassie is my neice on my wife's side, she was up at KH with me one time. She is often mistaken for my wife... I'm cool with that :rotfl:

Edited by TheWelsho