Blue Smoke.........advice Needed

I noticed at the last stop of the Highland run my car was blowing out blue smoke (from the exhaust) which had the smell of burning oil. Midnight21 followed me back to Perth and she said there was none coming out whilst I was driving.

Since then I have driven the car down to Portsmouth and it drives fine but I have noticed that sometimes when I stop either in traffic or at lights that I get some blue smoke with burning oil smell. It's not really thick but it's enough for you to notice blowing around the back end of the car.

I've checked oil level and it was a bit high so have drained some out but it's still the same. I also checked the air filter in case it was blocked and drawing air from the crank case but that was fine also.

I have done searches on the net and they all seem to be pointing towards turbo oil seals or PCV valve. Has anyone had a similar snag or has anyone got any other ideas?

As i said earlier it only happens sometimes when I stop but don't want ignore it if I can sort the problem early.

C'mon techies - any advice ideas welcome..................

(the car as a de-catted exhaust and has been remapped by the way)

Hate to say it but it does sound similar to the turbo problems you described Hopefully not too serious but should be checked out soon just to be safe!

Currently got mine up on ramps trying to locate an exhaust leak and found two seperate ones! :thumbup: Not 100% sure where the bigger one is coming from though... Hidden behind heat shields :thumbup:

Fraser it had done that a couple of times with Nik, and we thought/were advised it was a wee bit off oil passing through one off the breathers, if it is the turbo i have a spare TD04 in the shed you can have. (but if i was replacing the turbo it would be for something a wee bit bigger :thumbup: )

Just let me know if you need the turbo sent down.

Fraser it had done that a couple of times with Nik, and we thought/were advised it was a wee bit off oil passing through one off the breathers, if it is the turbo i have a spare TD04 in the shed you can have. (but if i was replacing the turbo it would be for something a wee bit bigger :thumbup: )

Just let me know if you need the turbo sent down.

Cheers for the offer Jon, although I am liking the bigger turbo idea :thumbup: . I think based on whats been said above I will get it checked out properly.

Cheers for info above everyone.........