Fuel And Tax Protest

I was just about to post something similar.

[Copy & Paste Mode]

Dont know if anybody is interested in this. It seems to be heading to be more down south but if there is enough in the north, it might come up this far.

Incase you dont know, its to do with all Newage STi's new road tax cost will be £440 next year and £455 the year after. All Newage WRX's new road tax cost will be Between £300-415 next year & £310-£430 the year after that.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

Might do no good at all but its worth a shot.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general...-protest-5.html

Here is a petition to sign to try to show a face to the government

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED/

Pass it around to all you know as it has worked in the past.

Cheers,

guys this has been started over on scoobynet ( dare i say it) and i think it is about time we did something, please any help and support is needed so anyone who wants to take part please sign up and the date of the protest will be released when there enough members

http://fuelandtaxprotest.mfbiz.com/#

steve

bttt

yeh read it and fully understood... signed.. we are all in the same boat so best we all unite and hit em were it hurts.....

just a thought>> the amount of shows ect.. during the season japfest, jae kind of occasions is there a way we can show the concern and feeling of this amongst the seperate club stands ect.. few flags, banners, car stickers (at a price to a good cause :occasion14:) all in good taste of course and nothing to interupt the shows, good publicicty...it seems in the past we all shout and rant that we do this and do that but in the end we sit and wait for others....it's not going to happen is it?.. i think if we shout loud enough as a combined group and keep at it... someone may listen..

didn't the fuel prices go up during the first gulf war?..when iraq invaded kuwait and melted the depots and rigs... the only peeps who are not suffering with the prices it seems are the ones who captured kuwait back... cunning.. still at it now aren't they.

mark

Mark, we liberated Kuwait mate! The Brits were first across the border into Wadi Al Batin i remember it well. But i do agree that the yanks are still getting there cheap fuel!

Nothing will get done about the road tax no matter how much people shout! Dont want to pay that much then you will have to change your motor.

May seem negative but at the end of the day its reality!

Edited by eurosti

One reason for Iraq...OIL...sooner or later the UK will have civil unrest....why.....when the oil is no longer getting through and the trucks/trains/boats can't deliver food, water, supplies etc, people will panic and the 'BLEEP' will hit the fan!!! We rely on oil which in some shape or form is a massive part of our lives....it's a grim outlook but it's no surprise the 'BLEEPING' politicians are worried and panicing!!!!! :occasion14:

I agree, lets protest......but the outcome must be one that makes the govt sit up and take note........not a 10 minute blockade of a public WC in London but, (Wash my mouth out with soap) like the French, take no deals....just tell the

m what WE WANT!!!!!! :banana:

the amount of shows ect.. during the season japfest, jae kind of occasions is there a way we can show the concern and feeling of this amongst the seperate club stands ect.. few flags, banners, car stickers (at a price to a good cause :angry:) all in good taste of course and nothing to interupt the shows, good publicicty...

mark

Thats sound like a good plan,

We'd need to raise funds as I doubt anybody will be willing to stump the money in the first place.

I can get stickers made easy enough, from sun strip style (easy removeable) or bumper stickers.

I could design this and get a price but my art work is very basic ;)

I'll suggest this on Snet and see what the responce is.

Like you say, we need to work together on this and forget whos from what site driving which cars.

Edited by Nick280

Stu!!... i had this feeling as soon as i wrote it that it was us who took it back.. appologise to the peeps concerned ;) and i didn't want to take the headlines away from the yanks :D

anyway stu.. did we find any weapons? :barf: can't remember .. from 1991 to 2002 i was drunk B)

nick, may be worth having a word with phil about it, might help. get his views on the situ, sounds good that you can do some stickers and that... i can put a nice big one on the side of my combo :D see what intrest like you say matey on snet :angry:

Stu.. when you coming back old friend?... want us to save a few tubs of v power for ya incase it goes teets up :P