Bye Bye Bugeye .........hello Hawk-eye

Unless I buckle the only mods shall be :-Uprated brake pads, fluid & braided hoses & discrete prodrive mud flaps. Not even going to upgrade the backbox.

If I do buckle :-

Solid drop links & ARB. No springs, Ride is plaint enough with the inverted dampers

Plan to keep this car trade in friendly so that IF in the future I trade for another marque it's more marketable.

My bugeye booked @ £5600 but had around £5500 of mods. No-one other than Subaru really understands these mods....

I was quite tempted by a Forrester STi at one point

Thanks

Cal

Cal,

Best will in the world i give you 1 month before the modding bug hits in some way shape or form............................it's in your blood!

Dave

Wagon - ace choice.

On my 2nd PPP Wagon, had the 2.5 PPP since last August. Well torquey.

Miss the sound-track of the 2.0PPP though, so I'm teasing a trip to Meerkat soon (then you think might aswell go to see AndyF then................................)

If your doing the exhaust you may as well fire in a sportcat and a decatted up-pipe :lol: :wink:

Och this will be tough !

Yep that's what I was thinking, my wife might might not appreciate the gains though, she thinks PPP was the end! (will have to use the improved mpg blag).

I think the PPP hits max of 1bar, not sure if the 2.5 can hit much more with the standard turbo. I'm sure Andy F could improve the curves though.

Are you sure -I thought it was STi's only. In that case I feel 1.2 bar and higher EGT's coming my way via a stealth visit to Andy F's Cavern of Speed.

What figures did you make when you modded yours and what mods did you do my good man.

Thanks

CGS

Cal

I bought an HKS uppipe but when the turbo came out we were all srprised that the uppie was cat-free. The HKS was slightly wider in the bore, so I suppose that might have helped a little. Performance mods, in terms of speed are pretty scant to be honest. All I have is the Meercat Sports cat down pipe, cotton airfiler, VF34 turbo and that's it (plus map of course). This gives me just over 340 bhp and a baw-hair under 400 ft/lbs torque. It peaks at 1.4 / 1.5 bar of boost; It's pretty quick!

I managed to break a piston so I have since added forged pistons, uprated oil and fuel pump, racing shells and a V8 intercooler. Since adding these, the power-output never really changed but for one or two horses, its all down to the turbo (and the 2.5) really.

John

Edited by TheWelsho
Cal

I bought an HKS uppipe but when the turbo came out we were all srprised that the uppie was cat-free. The HKS was slightly wider in the bore, so I suppose that might have helped a little. Performance mods, in terms of speed are pretty scant to be honest. All I have is the Meercat Sports cat down pipe, cotton airfiler, VF34 turbo and that's it (plus map of course). This gives me just over 340 bhp and a baw-hair under 400 ft/lbs torque. It peaks at 1.4 / 1.5 bar of boost; It's pretty quick!

I managed to break a piston so I have since added forged pistons, uprated oil and fuel pump, racing shells and a V8 intercooler. Since adding these, the power-output never really changed but for one or two horses, its all down to the turbo (and the 2.5) really.

John

Temptation is going to be too much for you Cal !!! May be just the exhaust...oh and an air filter...and so it begins ! :lol:

Grant - you got me curious as to what can be achieved with the 2.5 on a WRX...

....oh there's plenty that can be done to the WRX, just have a wee look above at the minimal mods that Welsho has done to his car and the great gains he's got. :D:(

The Cavern of Speed is calling my friend... its best not to fight it. :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

QUOTE(Boyakasha @ Mar 9 2008, 09:59 AM)

Dale that was photos when Cal was test driving it yesterday he took it up to his house to see how much baby stuff could fit in the back

You think he's joking ! I had to put together the worlds most accomplished business case to win over my wife............hence the pics of the boot :-

IMG_1081Medium.jpg

I'm just glad it had ISOFIX for the Wee Man and a sunroof to combat the supposed claustrophobia that Natalie reckons a Scooby induces.

Other gripes were that the back seats were too narrow ( so I whipped out a tape measure and the Scoobs were 1 inch longer than her Golf)

Cal 1 Wife Nil :unsure:

Cal

John

Must resist such wonderous horses and monsterous torqueage ! Oh that temptation is killing me !

banner-tempted.jpg

400 ft lbs is astonishing !!!! Is the VF34 a twin scroll jobbie ? Good news about the up-pipe. That means boost can be whacked up without fear of higher EGT's eating your cat and sending into your turbo....

Fark - what's a man to do. Port Seaton is a place of evil.......