405 Horses From A Topmount, Yeeehaaa!

Thanks to Andy F today,

the day started off with the usual rushing about, trying to get new front tyres before the mapping, thanks to Jac for his front wheels until my new tyres arrive tomorrow.

then with the snow i thought it might be a struggle getting the car mapped, but there was no snow at all in edinburgh, the weather in the east was cold, dry and sunny.

Map went well after andy swaped over the hoses on the avcr boost valve, late night on saturday when fitting avcr and turbo.

also make sure you don't let andy close your bonnet down, you get a wee fright when you see your bonnet lifting a bit more than usual when you accelerate on the bypass, he must be getting frail in his old age ;)

Also discovered that my neutral position switch was faulty so didn't help the torque too much, anyways the end result was:

405BHP and 362torques :D:D

Andy said that the if i sort the neutral position switch this will see the torque improve by around 10 ft/lbs and help the boost in mid range.

this aside the car feels rapid :banana2:

so another top job by the master :)

Thanks to Andy F today,

the day started off with the usual rushing about, trying to get new front tyres before the mapping, thanks to Jac for his front wheels until my new tyres arrive tomorrow.

then with the snow i thought it might be a struggle getting the car mapped, but there was no snow at all in edinburgh, the weather in the east was cold, dry and sunny.

Map went well after andy swaped over the hoses on the avcr boost valve, late night on saturday when fitting avcr and turbo.

also make sure you don't let andy close your bonnet down, you get a wee fright when you see your bonnet lifting a bit more than usual when you accelerate on the bypass, he must be getting frail in his old age ;)

Also discovered that my neutral position switch was faulty so didn't help the torque too much, anyways the end result was:

405BHP and 362torques :D:D

Andy said that the if i sort the neutral position switch this will see the torque improve by around 10 ft/lbs and help the boost in mid range.

this aside the car feels rapid :banana2:

so another top job by the master :)

What the ... see proper response below! Getting dim in my old age!

Edited by TheWelsho
Go faster mods are:

AFP 20G turbo

Gruppe s stainless steel headers & up pipe

3" turbo back afterburner R, down pipe by hayward scott

FPR set at 3.5bar

K&N inner wing induction

Apexi AVCR

V Power with some prescribed additives :)

FPR? Fuel pressure regulator? Is this required for this sort of BHP and if so, why?

how come you went for the apexi rather than ecutek? did you fit the bits yourself and is that pump fuel or additives?

sorry for the mastermind session but im putting in place plans for mine and was going to do a mild stage one aiming for 340/350 but you havent gone much further than i had in mind so might be worth saving the extra for a turbo

how come you went for the apexi rather than ecutek? did you fit the bits yourself and is that pump fuel or additives?

sorry for the mastermind session but im putting in place plans for mine and was going to do a mild stage one aiming for 340/350 but you havent gone much further than i had in mind so might be worth saving the extra for a turbo

It is an Apexi AVCR boost controller

Ecutek is the software / map, has one of those too.

Bits fitted by others and there is additives to the fuel.

without additives i would have got 380 as this was the figure that the turbo ran previously when on v power.