Booked Into Scooby Clinic! (the Mods Continue)

Well I have been thinking about it for the past year and now I have done it. On 14th Feb I will be attending the Scooby Clinic for some more grunt.

It will mean I don't have to sit looking at these bits anymore!

Roger Clark lightwieght flywheel

16012008001.jpg

Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator and Setting Gauge

22012008.jpg

Roger Clark lightweight pully set

16012008.jpg

Walbro 255ltr fuel pump

16012008005.jpg

Haywood & Scott Afterburner Decat downpipe

16012008003.jpg

Haywood & Scott Afterburner Centre Section

16012008002.jpg

Haywood & Scott Afterburner Up-Pipe

16012008004.jpg

I intend to fit the FPR, fuel pump and Centre section myself and then let the Clinic work their magic on the up/down pipes and flywheel along with a new clutch.

Then its onto a remap :)

So hopefully I will feel some improvement!

Also have a set of STI rear lights on the way :)

Probably not ground breaking stuff but I just had to tell somebody who cares lol... the girlfriend really doesn't care and now I have to explain why I am busy Valetines day lol!

I will put up pics and vids of the clinic when I get back and hopefully a rolling road print out.

Edited by FMJ
nice mods you having put on there what back box you putting on m8 B):D:D

Lol I can't wait!

I already have a H&S Afterburner Vortex Back Box so it will match the rest of the system. Also have a green cotton filter and HKS SSQV fitted along with some blue samco coolant and boost hoses.

Once I have saved up again I will get some alloy drop links and 17inch GRA wheels in steel grey and that will be it finished.... for now anyway lol.

Lol I can't wait!

I already have a H&S Afterburner Vortex Back Box so it will match the rest of the system. Also have a green cotton filter and HKS SSQV fitted along with some blue samco coolant and boost hoses.

Once I have saved up again I will get some alloy drop links and 17inch GRA wheels in steel grey and that will be it finished.... for now anyway lol.

looking very good there plenty more bhp for you m8 B):D:D

what sort of bhp out put are you looking for?

thats a bit of a terk up north

Yeah its 180miles each way. Hopefully quicker on the way back B) . There are places closer but to be honest some places I have contacted have not filled me with confidence. One took over a week to reply to my email asking about remaps. Scooby clinic replied to my emails within 10 minutes and when I have spoken to them there is nothing they can't do for me. I have am willing to travel to deal with somebody I trust.

As for BHP i'm not sure. I would love 280bhp but that might be a bit optimistic. I would be happy with 260 and faster response with the lightwieght bits.

You will have to be very carefull with the boys at the scooby clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have been there before, and the main problem is if you ask them to do anything extra on the day,, they will say no problem and do it perfectly! lol,, my credit card hates the place

they do all my mods and are fantastic, cant recomend them enough! Just take cash and no credit card or you could be in trouble! lol. I went for an exhaust and ended up with one, a WRC spoiler, a remap and turbo porting! sit in the waiting room and dont be tempted to look what else you can buy! lol

You will have to be very carefull with the boys at the scooby clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have been there before, and the main problem is if you ask them to do anything extra on the day,, they will say no problem and do it perfectly! lol,, my credit card hates the place

they do all my mods and are fantastic, cant recomend them enough! Just take cash and no credit card or you could be in trouble! lol. I went for an exhaust and ended up with one, a WRC spoiler, a remap and turbo porting! sit in the waiting room and dont be tempted to look what else you can buy! lol

Lol well I only have the one day at the clinic to get all this done so hopefully there wont be any time left to fit anymore bits!

Lol well I only have the one day at the clinic to get all this done so hopefully there wont be any time left to fit anymore bits!

Ok so MOT went fine! Just had to replace both rear number plate lights for 50p each lol.

Got some sealant on the way home so tomorrow its time to fit the STI rear lights :P

Stand by for pics.

Anybody wondering if the price of STI rear lights is worth it just look at these... They transform the rear of the car!

£140 on ebay and £15 postage.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights4.jpg

light3.jpg

Next day off I will fit the Centre section to exhaust and see how it sounds ;)

Interesting post this, thanks for sharing. One question, where did you purchase the Walbro pump from ?? I've just had big issues with the same pump which I presumed was an original ?? Wasn't until I received a replacement from chandlers that I found the base rubber to be different. I accused them of ordering the wrong pump and all sorts, and seeing that your pump comes with a new rubber has explained everything. I presume the previous owner had an upgrade at some point ?? Take it this Walbro pumps got a bigger capacity then ?? Thanks again for sharing.

Interesting post this, thanks for sharing. One question, where did you purchase the Walbro pump from ?? I've just had big issues with the same pump which I presumed was an original ?? Wasn't until I received a replacement from chandlers that I found the base rubber to be different. I accused them of ordering the wrong pump and all sorts, and seeing that your pump comes with a new rubber has explained everything. I presume the previous owner had an upgrade at some point ?? Take it this Walbro pumps got a bigger capacity then ?? Thanks again for sharing.

I got it from Indigo GT and it says Wlabro on the pump itself. Its higher capacity as in it pumps a higher amount of fuel in the same time the standard pump does. It doesnt actually say what capacity it is on the pump which I was a bit dissappointed in as I would like to confirm its not just a standard pump made by Walbro...