Lucky day no.2

Was travelling out on the back road out of Bishopbriggs past the leisure center on Balmuildy Rd tonight, towards Bearsden as this is usually quite a fun road to drive.  Coming out of the 30 limit past the leisure center, it used to be a national speed limit and I would normally give it a bit of a squirt up the hill, when I noticed new 40 limit signs were up.  I resisted and pootled up at 40 and on the brow of the hill noticed a white ford transit van in a weird place (no visable markings) parked up beside a fence facing on coming traffic. I'm sure it was a scamera van with no visible markings.  Nearly caught me out. The van was gone later on when I went back with my tools [;)] .

I presume this white transit van is going to be around the Glasgow area.  Thought I'd give you a heads up on the van and the new speed limit incase any of you know this road.

Perhaps they are just trying to catch people out now.

Yeah? Isn't that what they have always been doing? [:D]

LOL

I mean going back to how it used to be. Hiding rather than being a visual deterrent. We will be getting Gatsos hiding behind signposts again next! [:D]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I thought Strathclyde Police's Scamera vans were all stickered up.

Can't imagine there would be that many vans around, but the ones i see regularly (especially Barrhead) is stickered up. (On the side where you won't see it 'til you're at it).

What was the back of the van like? Darkened windows? sliding window open?

I thought Strathclyde Police's Scamera vans were all stickered up.

Can't imagine there would be that many vans around, but the ones i see regularly (especially Barrhead) is stickered up. (On the side where you won't see it 'til you're at it).

What was the back of the van like? Darkened windows? sliding window open?

I am pretty sure it was a scamera van.  White transit van facing oncoming traffic, no markings on front or on the side that was nearest the road. I didn't get a chance to see the back of it as it was up against trees.Probably about a 55 plate or newer, so it seemed very out of place at the side of the road at 7:00pm.  There was some sort of equipment pointing towards oncoming traffic, either behind the drivers or passenger seat - or possibly in the passenger seat. Looked like a camera anyway.

I was looking at info on scamera vans and the markings on them vary widely from clear to hardly any - http://www.speedcam.co.uk/van2.htm