Oxon Mini Meet May 17th

Hi all

Due to us having the Abingdon show this month I had not really planned an Oxon meet as such but as the mini meet we had before went so well we have decided to do it again.

Meeting at the Kings Arms (Harvester) in Kidlington at 11:30am :hello:

Link to details from last mini meet

Unless anyone wants to stop for food the format will be the same.

Last run out the weather was great and the roads were fun, just watch out for cyclists and horses.

01. Big 'D'

02. Stu

Cheers Iain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I won't be able to make that :P My car is going to be in need of some serious cleaning inside and out as we will just be back from Cornwall on the saturday. It will have been parked in a horrible dusty carpark next to the beach all day for a week and have had my kite buggy covered in sand in and out every day too :hello: Not really looking forward to that part of the holiday, but buggying on a three mile beach should make up for it :)

Hopefully next time

Ben

Wish i could mate!!! I wanna show ya how good the old dodo products are :brickwall::thumbup:

(here we go with the real reason)

i am brunching with a few fellows and fillys,while watching polo"my good man"else i would be the fellow!!!!

"in a very posh voice" :crying::D

only kidding matt :lol:

Hi, Enjoyed last meet :brickwall: unfortunately busy on sunday :thumbup:. Def make next one though.

Was a Cotswold Subaru meet on the cards any time soon? Looking forward to seeing new scoob in action (mobius)

at next meet.

01. Big 'D'

02. Stu

03. Andyjudge

04. Me me me WhisperUK

How long does this run take? Just so I need how much fuel to stick in her,

Think the weather is going to bit a bit on the wet side though :crying:

Andy

01. Big 'D'

02. Stu

03. Andyjudge

04. Me me me WhisperUK

How long does this run take? Just so I need how much fuel to stick in her,

Think the weather is going to bit a bit on the wet side though :brickwall:

Andy

Good to see you're coming along mate! :thumbup: Took just over 30mins with a couple of brief stops to do the run down to Burford at which point we went off home (everyone was hungry!) so we may well just do that if the weather isn't up to much (looks alright according to the bbc site though, showers Sat though).

will be there in spirit.....

and will make the next one.

and get car ready for it,will jack it up about a foot because of that backroad

dont want to hit exhaust again,one day i'll lose my b/box

enjoy

Ooo is there a hard bumpy section, hope my zorst dont hit the floor too. Then more likely my hard suspension will go through the car first...

I think weather is going to clear by Sunday, fingers crossed

Andy

you will be ok andy..

just mines to low for some roads..

and cheers again for the matts mate (mrs still hates them,and i love them more)

back to the point..! your car will love them roads ...and wait for the hillclimb section..

chris

Well I've been watching the weather closely all week and to be honest, I'm still none the wiser! We'll be having intermittent light showers until about 12 so I'm sure it'll be a good run albeit not quite as sunny as the last!

See you in a bit guys! :(

Well I've been watching the weather closely all week and to be honest, I'm still none the wiser! We'll be having intermittent light showers until about 12 so I'm sure it'll be a good run albeit not quite as sunny as the last!

See you in a bit guys! :D

Well i hope it gets more intermittant cos i have to walk to work to pick car up in a sec but there is a little light spot coming over so fingers crossed

:(

Andy

have a safe one.....!

and we need a good vid this time!!!!!!!

not like my last one.

Was a good run, really enjoyed that. Nice to give the old gal a good drive. And only a small scuff on the back box.

Stu had his front mounted camera attached ( with his well overpriced camera mount...! ) unfortunately we didn't know route so he had to lead but I am sure it will look good.

We also managed to gain a new member which was great and what we are about. So Welcome to him and hope he enjoyed our company albeit from inside the cars.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Cant wait for the video

cheers

Andy

Nice pics Andy!

Was a fun run! Just had a scan through the video whilst t'other Andy was here and there's a scooby in front of me the whole time... my little model one on the dash!!! :( Will get it edited down and up this evening... used an entire 60 min film! Seems to have worked well too, not too shakey!

Thanks again all of you for coming along! :D

Nope, he didn't want to be shown up trying to keep p with me!!!! lol

Naah, he's helping out another member with their car so couldn't join us.

:D

last time he had trouble keeping up,i even had to stay in 4th because he was going to slow ;)

seeing the blue beast in his mirror must have scared him.. :(

:D

last time he had trouble keeping up,i even had to stay in 4th because he was going to slow ;)

seeing the blue beast in his mirror must have scared him.. :(

Joking aside I fixed Simons car today which he was very pleased with ;), At Japfest yesterday due to the damp nature of the weather I got a little bored so I built a new intake for my scoob, I have just set up the boost system to match it and holy pooo its like a damn missile now, gear changes are much smoother, throttle responce is much sharper and seems to hold boost for longer ;) oh and the engine bay looks a little better too.

Should make keeping up with Stu and Chris a little easier ;)

Cheers Iain

Fantastic run out today Stu :(

The bit up & through the woods was awsome, managed to get wheelspin out of some of the turns as we climbed the hill.

My car's too quiet though all I could hear was Andy in front, we did all get some looks as we travelled through Burford though, one chap even commented look there's another one (Scoob) must be a club.

Thanks for the Coffee & cake afterwards.

Oh, also on the way back came across a BMW Compact that had been rolled into a field, nobody in it though so I'm guessing its from last night.

See you all soon

Andy