A few pics I took today

Despite suffering from man flu I decided not to let today go to waste - the car hadn't been cleaned externally since it came back from the bodyshop so I got wired in about it.

For those that are not aware the car has had over £1K spent on it since the decision not to trade it for the red hawkeye WRX that Gav @ Ian Grieve's told me about. The bonnet, front bumper, front splitter, fog-light covers and STI front bumper corner-pieces were all repainted to get rid of the dreaded stone chips (the car IS 4 years old now) plus the leading edges of both front wings were repainted due to the stone chips too.

While it was in I got the boot de-locked (it was already de-badged)  plus I got a couple of small dents repaired on the passenger side. One was on the front door (gritter lorry) and the other was on the rear wheel arch (been like that since I bought it).

Lastly - I'd recently noticed a few scratches on the roof, at the rear passenger side. I put this down to maybe the previous owners handbag or suchlike being put in there while possibly strapping the kids into the back seat and tried to t-cut/polish them out. I mentioned them to my bodyshop man when I was down getting a quote for the rest of the work & when he'd had a look he said it wasn't scratches at all, it was the paint breaking up due to previous bodged repair.

S&S, the original supplying dealer, said they had no record of the car ever being painted either when it came off the transporter, all through the time the first owner had it, and before it was sold to me (and I know i've never had it in for a roof paint) so it must have either been painted before it got to S&S, or perhaps the 1st owner had to get it painted without involving the dealer.

Anyway - the car's roof got fixed (properly I hope) while it was in this month - my man took it down to the bare metal & informed me that there was no filler (so the actual metal has never been damaged) - he reckons it was poor materials used during the previous repair.

I also got Glas-Weld out to repair a Z-shape scratch on my front driver-side window just before it went into the bodyshop & the guy done a great job.

Next-up was getting the forum-name stickers from the SIDC sticker shop (which doesn't seem to be located inside the SIDC shop - I can mail a link to anyone who wants it) + new stickers for the front foglight covers (from scoobyparts.com). I also got some red stickers for my alloy centrecaps, which Gus helped me out with with a contact [Y]

So today I set to work - car was washed using the two bucket method, with a Meguiars wash mitt, using Poorboys Super Slick & Suds. After a thorough rinse it was dried using a Sonus Der Wonder Drying Towel (these are excellent by the way - definitely recommended).

I then went round the car with Poorboys SSR1 to remove any wee marks here and there (mostly tar) before starting with Klearkote Red Moose Glaze. This was applied using a Sonus Blue Perl Applicator Pad and removed again with one of those wee microfibre cloths you can get from Tesco for a quid.

Next was a top coat of Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection, again using the Blue Perl Pads (a new one) + the tescos microfibre cloth.

Windscreen was done with AutoGlym Car Glass Polish, then the exhaust was done with AutoSol to bring it up nice & bling, a Brillo-pad was used on the INSIDE of the mudflaps to remove all the tar & muck then it was time to put my white wheels back on, with the new red centre caps. Last was a wee rub round the tyre sidewalls with Poorboys Bold N Bright.

The car is now basically finished - no more mods planned, no more stickers, no more paint jobs - just keeping it clean & shiny.

A big thanks to Stevie Walkers in Bathgate (01506 633471), Polished Bliss (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk), Clean & Shiny (http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk), Scoobyparts (http://www.scoobyparts.com) & our own resident Mr. Bus.

Here are a few pics I took this evening (AFTER the flamin clouds rolled in [:@])

Pic1_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic2_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic3_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic4_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic5_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic6_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic7_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic8_280407_648x432.JPG

Pic9_280407_648x432.JPG

Also - thanks to Neil (4hero) for the advice on camera equipment, and to Stevo for the lift into work [Y]

Looking absoloutly awesome now andy. Great write up there.

One critisism tho, tesco micro fibre cloths [:)]. Get along to halfords and buy the meg's cloths much better. A recent test done by myself found that the tesco ones actually put minor scratches in the paint.

Looks fantastic Andy......mmm like the side window stickers.....

and is the high level roof spoiler new....dont remember seeing that before.....good to see the summer wheels back on....

got mine ordered yesterday...cant wait only 2 weeks to go......yee haaa

its funny the difference a good drying cloth makes...watched FrazA the other night and rushed straight out and got a Meguiars....water magnet drying cloth...woooahhhhh what a product....best £12 I ever spend on the car....

job well done mate......

Paul

One critisism tho, tesco micro fibre cloths [:)]. Get along to halfords and buy the meg's cloths much better. A recent test done by myself found that the tesco ones actually put minor scratches in the paint.

Nah......Its the 3M ones you want mate.....not that I like to plug anything I work with of course....(ha ha)[:)]

Nah......Its the 3M ones you want mate.....not that I like to plug anything I work with of course....(ha ha)[:)]

How much?

Nah......Its the 3M ones you want mate.....not that I like to plug anything I work with of course....(ha ha)[:P]

How much?

PM's sent..........just in case you guys thought I was ingnoring the request....[:)]