Doune Hillclimb - "some" photos

Just posted this on Scoobynet so thought I might as well cut and paste here:

Great weekend at Doune, as per Kames. Car is going great, track was wet/changable all weekend but third practise Saturday saw a 48.88 (Record is 48.28) fantastic time considering it was wet. Roll on "June Doune" and some dry tarmac.

Again spent my practise runs playing with the settings on the Diff controller, so the practise times were a bit inconsistant as a result.

Saturday saw a 49.65 in timed runs, with David Sleigh in his Evo pushing hard and providing the competition. Donald McCaskill was back out in his Evo V after washing off the cobwebs at Golspie two weeks ago, he struggled to find pace all weekend struggling with understeer in the wet conditions (he has a plated front Diff...... that seems to ring a bell wink.gif Eh Graham ? )

Scott Sherriden in the third Mitsubishi was debuting at Doune and creditably nipped his times down all weekend in poor conditions to be learning such a scary place.

Results were as follows:

Evo II 2.0 SCOTT SHERIDAN 57.07

Opal Manta 2.0 JOHN RAMSAY 63.91

Rover 220T 2.0 MIKE HUNTER 58.14

Sunbeam Ti TOM WILSON 58.84

Evo III 2.0 DAVID SLEIGH 50.52

Evo V 2.3 DONALD McCASKILL 53.63

Impreza 2.5 JOHN STEVENSON 49.65

Continued on Sunday playing with setup, I had a little brain fade during third practise hitting a kerb with the car locked up under braking, Killed the HKS Strup top mount and bent the Strut Turret, did it during third practise so fortunately had lunch break to try to bodge. The car looked as if it had been setup for oval racing. Huge amount of camber on the 'damaged' corner and was toeing so much a blind man could see it. With the help of some friends and a big hammer the car was cobbled together though obviously very squint. Allignment was done by eye, the car turned out very tail happy on 1st timed run (read 4rth practise for me), but at least gave an indicator of what could be expected. Managed a 49.08, which was better than I could have hoped in all honesty.

Second timed run saw the added complication of a car having rolled and depositing some fluids on an already wet track and generally everyone ended up slower.

David had a couple of little brushes with the barriers on his first timed run, pushing the car hard in the dodgy conditions. Ultimately the field ended similar to Sat.

Evo II 2.0 SCOTT SHERIDAN 54.33

Opal Manta 2.0 JOHN RAMSAY 62.60

Rover 220T 2.0 MIKE HUNTER 57.24

Sunbeam Ti TOM WILSON 57.63

Evo III 2.0 DAVID SLEIGH 50.47

Evo V 2.3 DONALD McCASKILL 52.74

Impeza 2.5 JOHN STEVENSON 49.08

Sunbeam Ti JIMMY CROW 57.83

Also ended up with Fastest Road car both days holding off the Locaterfields, helped by the slippy conditions. (Though I'm told the comentator boobed and reported differently on Saturday !! )

---john---

Great weekend at Doune, as per Kames. Car is going great, track was wet/changable all weekend but third practise Saturday saw a 48.88 (Record is 48.28) fantastic time considering it was wet. Roll on "June Doune" and some dry tarmac.

Again spent my practise runs playing with the settings on the Diff controller, so the practise times were a bit inconsistant as a result.

Saturday saw a 49.65 in timed runs, with David Sleigh in his Evo pushing hard and providing the competition. Donald McCaskill was back out in his Evo V after washing off the cobwebs at Golspie two weeks ago, he struggled to find pace all weekend struggling with understeer in the wet conditions (he has a plated front Diff...... that seems to ring a bell wink.gif Eh Graham ? )

Scott Sherriden in the third Mitsubishi was debuting at Doune and creditably nipped his times down all weekend in poor conditions to be learning such a scary place.

Results were as follows:

Continued on Sunday playing with setup, I had a little brain fade during third practise hitting a kerb with the car locked up under braking, Killed the HKS Strup top mount and bent the Strut Turret, did it during third practise so fortunately had lunch break to try to bodge. The car looked as if it had been setup for oval racing. Huge amount of camber on the 'damaged' corner and was toeing so much a blind man could see it. With the help of some friends and a big hammer the car was cobbled together though obviously very squint. Allignment was done by eye, the car turned out very tail happy on 1st timed run (read 4rth practise for me), but at least gave an indicator of what could be expected. Managed a 49.08, which was better than I could have hoped in all honesty.

Second timed run saw the added complication of a car having rolled and depositing some fluids on an already wet track and generally everyone ended up slower.

David had a couple of little brushes with the barriers on his first timed run, pushing the car hard in the dodgy conditions. Ultimately the field ended similar to Sat.

Also ended up with Fastest Road car both days holding off the Locaterfields, helped by the slippy conditions. (Though I'm told the comentator boobed and reported differently on Saturday !! )

---john---

well done john, would love to see yer beast in action sometime  [Y]

Results were as follows:

---john---

well done john, would love to see yer beast in action sometime  [Y]

lol i hope ur talking about his car :D