Seriously concidering a complete de-badge...

...what do you recon? Maybe aye, maybe no? Place Bets Now [;)]

debadge.jpg 

Donations for the New Wheel Saving Fund are more than welcome. £1 from each of you will go a long way. The fund is coming along nicely, but to hit target I NEED MORE [:D

debadge1.jpg

debadge2.jpg

I quite like the front, but I'm not sure about the rear [:S] 

Edited: Just de-locked the rear, after Oobster's comments, I think I'm in love (not with you Andy) [:P

I think I've almost decided now (thanks everyone) [:o]

So the bootlid would need painted?

If so, how about going the whole hog & getting the boot de-locked too. Mine is in getting that done just now for the ultra-smooth look. 

i was wondering aboot getting delocked as well, any idea on the prices yet? 

de-badged looks stealthy, hard decision coz either way looks the mutts nuts[H]
That's what I think, win-win situation. I would take off the pink STi stickers from the spot covers at all costs though. Those wheels and a complete debadge = stealth bomber; Oh baby!

So the bootlid would need painted?

If so, how about going the whole hog & getting the boot de-locked too. Mine is in getting that done just now for the ultra-smooth look. 

i was wondering aboot getting delocked as well, any idea on the prices yet? 

Dunno mate, i got an all-in-one price for a few bits & pieces I wanted done (mostly stone-chip damage to the front)

Neil - only just noticed the other alloys on the 'AFTER' pics - they wheels + the de-badge would be stunning. [Y] 

stealth is good [:o]

Andy, is there a lot of work involved in de-locking the rear? This sounds very nice! How many £'s from my wheel budget would this use up? 

According to the guy doing mine it's just a case of taking the lock off, welding a plate over the hole then a wee bit filler, and then painted.

As I said to Ac!d, dunno how much he's charging me just for this one thing. Which might not be getting done now, since they can't remove the boot spoiler. Spoke to the previous owner of my car 2 years ago & they said the only problem they had with it was a water leak into the boot. Apparently it was back to the dealer 4 times to have this looked at, and the bodyshop are now telling me that it looks like they have bonded the whole underside of the spoiler onto the bootlid to fix the water leak. This means that to get the spoiler off will probably result in the bootlid or the spoiler being damaged (or both).  [;)]

I find smashing the hell out of them with a brick does the job nice and quick, hell of a mess though but the decals are off

Failing that you could scrape them off with a flat edged screwdriver

just followed Mr Squirrels advice and looks what happened [:'(]

debadge3.jpg 

Kids, do not believe everything you read/see on the interweb [;)

Didn't need the hairdryer, just held a hot soapy sponge on the sticker for a couple of minutes, peeled off, and a wee touch of Meguiars Scratch X to remove residue!

Now, the side ones... 

Edited: The hairdryer definitely helped, the side was much easier to come off with it.. 

I may have some more subtle ones made up later Stephen, maybe not in pink though.. I think it will look better with the wheels in my first post, and some prodrive springs (which will be done in the next 2 weeks).

Spare a pound for the wheel hungry mate [;)