halfrauds....tom tom...no no

went out today to get a tom tom one, ...first i see the deal at Tescos, £159.97...so i thought go there it's a bit nearer, and i got vouchers for xmas[;)]...they had none..selected stores only!..they phoned the colchester highwoods store and they have 3 left!....save me a journey i went to Halfrauds...same price,.. but £219.99 on ticket,...and 20% off......NO!!....i walked out swearing and looked back at the window... "tom tom one £159.99"

i went back in.. said whats the diference between the box and the box on shelf?...."nothing"..the lazy cow said laying over the counter, "is that one £159.99?"........"no"..."why?"..."the offer ends today".......i said "can i have that one at £159.99 as it says?"...."no the offer ends today"............."WELL TAKE IT OUT THE F*****G WINDOW THEN"......i mentioned[:@]....... so in the end we drove up to colchester and got the last one!!!... 

and strange things happen at new years eve!!......got an e-mail saying thank you for bidding on "bid tv"......i nearly shat me self thinking what i bought last night while guzzleing stella!!...........turns out it was a hair grooming kit for dogs........£8.99!!......i ain't got a dog.[8-|]...but a mangled cat, so could come in use after all

looked back at the window... "tom tom one £159.99"

As I understand it, if they have a promotion displayed in the window or in store they have to honour it. If they refuse to, you should report them to trading standards!

this is what i thought!.. my other half worked in retail untill we moved and said this, i have intentions of contacting halfords and having a moan, might also tell them i've gone to trading standards, [;)] see what happens.

Guest AJMC_WRX

Not to put a downer on things but I'm pretty sure that the company does have the right to withdrawl the product from its shelf and decline to sell it to you, but it does have to be done there abd then!!! In the event of this there are a couple of things you could try...

1/ raise your voice so that everyone can hear you, and declare you disgust for their actions thereby embaressing the shop attendant into selling you the product at said bargain price.

2/ Demand to speak to their supervisor/ manager/ regional manager/ director....Kick up enough fuss in the heierachy and they'll just want to shut you up in the end.

3/ Involve the press.... It's not worth the hassle of bad publicity......Languish on the stubborn attitude of the shop attendant.....WATCHDOG if needs be.

4/ ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The British Sales Markets dont like people who moan and tend to do everything they can to silence the individual....Be Brave, Be Assertive and Be LOUD!!

Good luck young jedi!![A][6][8o|][;)]

(sarcastically) Are you sure it was that price in Tesco's cos they move prices round the shelves so you think you are paying for the item above the price tag when its nowhere near it ?

LOL!!. yep just above where the beans where.........."tom tom 19p per tin"...i got £159.99 worth and you get sat nav free.[;)]......yeah and before i jumped in and pay for it i asked her to scan it first to make sure!! and i still had to look at my reciept twice when i got in!![:S]

tested it today around the lanes, had it quite for a whole 15mins.....and i was lost..LOL

As above, no harm in complaining mate. The last time i bought something from Halfrauds i demanded my money back, the proper part i asked for in the first place and the branch manager also gave me £20 for my trouble....Don't use them anymore as i'm sick of talking to people who know nothing about their products and couldn't care less about their customers.

Good Luck !

im on my 4th tomtom 510 in 6 months!!! bit of advice,get it covered with some kind of cover mark[;)] now ive got a 5 year extended waranty one unit that works and one that dont so in a months im gonna take the broke one back and get a new one[:D]

cunning!!........what do you do then....kick em?[:P]....where did you get your cover then stu?....

cheers stu,....but comet!!.....that's another firm i won't entertain[;)] bunch of un-proffesional t0ssers...i'm sure they get trained at halfrauds.

anyway, they made no attempt to remove the sign and pile of boxes in the window all the time i was about outside,..and that lazy cow still didn't get her torso off the counter...slob..

I've contacted trading standards and they have diverted me somewhere else, as they have moved!...all in hand!

let you all know what happens when i hear of anything....... 

to support your letter try and take a clear picture of the advert in the window.

Pictures are always good when complaining - i has an incident at a travel inn where we had a broken window and i cut my finger on it trying to close it as we were on a main road and could hear all the traffic - complained to receptionist (just as another guest arrived!) and all they said was "what do you want us to do about it?!" as i got photographic evidence we were given our money back for the nights stay + £20 vouchour for brewster fayre + the biggest apology and personal phone call from directors to " reassure me it would happen again and would i please consider using the company again"