Morette Bulb issues

Can any one tell me the bulbs that I need for a set of Morettes for an 02 impreza? I was told that it was 2 H7s for the dipped and full beam but when I took it for a service Chris Alan said that 1 is H1 and that the H7 bulbs I got are low rated at only 55watts/

Can anyone please tell me what I need before I go spending more cash as powerbulbs?

Cheers

Pete

Pete i apologise if I misled ya, was sure they both were h7's but soz if I was wrong.

Re the 55w issue , thats the legal limit and unless you mod the wiring I wouldnt up the wattage in the bulbs........ you more than likely will put too much stress on the wiring.

Surely powerbulbs will take back the bulbs for exchange?

Hey Spooks wasnt trying get at you m8, you know more than me[;)]. I went along to Chris Alans on Wednesday and he says that bulbs were a low rating for the full beams...

He later found that the mains werent H7s so I was lost at that point. He then said they were H1s but I want to check before I go ordering another set to find they are wrong [:S]

• 3 years later...

Did this topic ever get a reply?? I need to get some new bulbs for the dipped beam in my bugeye morettes.

Am I right to think the dipped are H1 and the mains are H7?

Updated: eStyling have a good reference for bugeye morettes, and it seems i had them the wrong way round, H7 is the dipped, H1 the main.

Edited by scoobydoobs