Replacement Clutch

Not for me[Y] but of of my colleagues is needing a replacement clutch for his bugeye WRX. He has been quoted £900 by Subaru so on his behalf can someone provide me with a more realistic price and who could do this.

He stays in Paisley so, I suggested contacting Greersport any others locally who would do a good job @ a realistic price????

Cheers

Gus[:(]

Gus

Town and county Subaru in Aberdeen will do it for £665 all in if he is a member.

If he is not a member and the car is over 5 years old it will cost him £682.

Not to shabby eh for main dealer[:(]

Presuming he does not need a flywheel as well[:o]

CraiG

Edited to add he could source his own one drive to Aberdeen, and get it fitted for £319

That includes vat by the way

Ye Gus, been hiding stealthy likes, did a lot to the car since last we met.

The biggest upset was being diagnosed with sleep apnia and losing my licence for 5 months, a even thought about trading in the wifes car for a wee car called Evo 8 FQ330. A dont know if a could trust the wife to drive it, the scoob gets enough abuse since changing the clutch and brakes lol. I spent the five months twiddling my thumbs in the passenger seat. A have actually been relegated to the back seat on more than one occasion, least a could hear my exhaust.

Hope everything is well with you and your good lady. A dont see much posts by Sharon? has she bought a Ford or sumthin.

The biggest upset was being diagnosed with sleep apnia and losing my licence for 5 months.....

A dont see much posts by Sharon?

Think Sharon moved house recently and doesn't have internet access yet @ her new place.

The Mrs. was diagnosed with sleep aponea 3 or 4 months ago but she was allowed to keep driving, I guess it depends on the severity of the condition? She has to sleep with a mask on everynight attached to a CPAP machine and she's noticed an improvement on the quality of sleep she gets.

Ye Gus, been hiding stealthy likes, did a lot to the car since last we met.

The biggest upset was being diagnosed with sleep apnia and losing my licence for 5 months, a even thought about trading in the wifes car for a wee car called Evo 8 FQ330. A dont know if a could trust the wife to drive it, the scoob gets enough abuse since changing the clutch and brakes lol. I spent the five months twiddling my thumbs in the passenger seat. A have actually been relegated to the back seat on more than one occasion, least a could hear my exhaust.

So thats where you've been hiding[;)] glad to see your back with us[Y]

Right heres my sad tail. I had problems with my thoat closing so blockin my air ways when a slept. I woke say 300 or 400 times a night but as I stopped breathing my brain woke me up and let breath but as quick as it did this a was a sleep again. Result was lack of energy, bad temper and no drive. I had no issues with driving at all and neva fell asleep like some folks a met at hospital driving taxis and heavy goods, they admitted they fell asleep.

The point was I was on a waiting list for 2 years and just before a got my CPAP the doctors told me to tell DVLA and a would retain my licence, bullshit. It turned into a nightmare and 5 months later a get it back. CPAP was very effective, am back to normal and can have 5/7 hours sleep and feel great all day, perfect.

See the same names cropping up on posts. Same questions anall. Somethings neva change lol

Right heres my sad tail. I had problems with my thoat closing so blockin my air ways when a slept. I woke say 300 or 400 times a night but as I stopped breathing my brain woke me up and let breath but as quick as it did this a was a sleep again. Result was lack of energy, bad temper and no drive. I had no issues with driving at all and neva fell asleep like some folks a met at hospital driving taxis and heavy goods, they admitted they fell asleep.

The point was I was on a waiting list for 2 years and just before a got my CPAP the doctors told me to tell DVLA and a would retain my licence, bullshit. It turned into a nightmare and 5 months later a get it back. CPAP was very effective, am back to normal and can have 5/7 hours sleep and feel great all day, perfect.

See the same names cropping up on posts. Same questions anall. Somethings neva change lol

Sad news m8 but glad to see you back and well