fuel cut

Acid - yours is a UK MY95 car right? Have you got a boost gauge on it? what is your peak boost?

Did you fit the OE fuel filter onto the new pump or the smaller new one? How much fuel was in the tank?

I thought it might also be due to having the full decat on it and you were getting a boost spike, but from what you describe (ie roundabout) sound like fuel starvation.

Russell

edited due to me thiking the wrong thing[:$]

Acid - yours is a MY99 car right? Have you got a

boost gauge on it? what is your peak boost? did you fit the OE fuel

filter onto the new pump?

It might also be due to having the full decat on it. but from what you describe sound like fuel starvation.

Russell

ps - if you haven't got a boost gauge.....................................GET ONE!

mines a my95 , yes i have a boost guage (but its sitting next to me

here lol) i got sent the wrong pod for it so it never got fitted

Yip we need to stop booting it off roundabouts lol. I'm not

sure but mines felt like it was about to run out of fuel, but was fine the rest

of the way home still got about ¼ tank left from a full tank this morning.

yea mines felt like it was about to run out of fuel as well , im a fussy little c**t when it comes to the car i like it to run perfect

I'm sure that there was somthing about  going round corners (Left or right I cant remember) with the fuel being lowish... and the engine spluttering, Mebbe thats yer problem....

Just a thought like...  [:$]

Think that might be it in my case, both times it happened to

me I was heading for the petrol station. but still had 1/4 tank left

Since I fitted my H&S Exhaust I get a sharp drop off in power for a split second. When on RR on saturday Simon pointed out that the boost was spiking due to the free flowing exhaust allowing turbo to spool up real quick.

Since I fitted my H&S Exhaust I get a sharp drop off in power for a split second. When on RR on saturday Simon pointed out that the boost was spiking due to the free flowing exhaust allowing turbo to spool up real quick.

gonna get it checked out anyway next time im home again , ill just take it easy till then [:|]

The boost spike issue is (obviously) worse in winter with the more "dense" charge. Gogsie never got his restrictor opened out by me as he said he was getting Andy to map it soon so I felt it would be OK in the Summer months and the wee spike  would give a better "kick" to the mid-range grunt of the car for the time being. Look like I might have to open it a little!

Acid - the most plausible reason why your getting the problem now is that you are using the new filter bag that is smaller and sits a little higher and more horizontal than the OE one. I have also found that some of them face COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the OE one.

Russell