Found a hell of a driving road...

Greetings, citizens.

Just got back from a week away in Majorca. Fairly common destination for us Brits, so I'm sure some of you may be planning a visit this summer.

We rented a car while we were there (cheap as chips) and basically went to all 4 corners of the island. The rental company didn't seem impressed when I took it back after 4 days with another 700km on the clock.. but they who were the ones that said it was unlimited mileage, not me!

Anyway, back to the subject line. If you're there and you've got something to drive, check out the road between Andratx and Valdemossa on the south-west side of the island. It climbs out of Andratx into the mountains and wiggles along the coast. I had to grin when I saw the signs saying bends.. next 17km. They weren't kidding, every 100m all the way. Beautiful smooth tarmac, a few sticky-out rocks and trees to focus the mind, driving heaven. Just a shame I was behind the wheel of a 1.4 Fiesta. I would have killed for a closed road and something tasty to attack it with, a group B short wheelbase Quattro springs to mind..

That's my pointer.. anyone else got a recommendation?

Cheers,

Plug