Greersport on Scoobynet

Jon, I completely understand where you are coming from but the club has a legal position to concern itself with.

We, as far as I know to date, have not been threatened with legal action over statements posted by forum users.

I know it sounds harsh but people can communicate their own personal experiences. The 'my mate/brother/uncle/postman stuff can be construed as hearsay and get us into all sorts of trouble if company in question decided to take umbrage.

HTH.

Wasnt aimed at you John, just a passing comment.

I do not profess to know everything and frequently am put right on subaru matters by those who know more than myself, but what does pee me off is people who couldnt put a nut in a monkeys mouth passing judgement like they are holding court for the subaru Gods.

Im glad my time online is limited at the moment,the stench is killing me.

Callum W

I also concur and have a totally impartial stance with regards to any company mentioned.

I am not trying to strangle opinion but we ALL as a club have a duty to be sensible in what we post.

Dealer/Garage threads are a bloody NIGHTMARE to moderate!!!!!!!!!!!

To echo what Wilky said :

"What we do good, no one remembers, what we do bad, no one forgets." (Sonny Barger H.A.Oakland.)

I  personally ,have had a lot of good work done by Greersport .

In-fact they  really  helped me out by lending me parts once a couple of days before Andy-F mapped my car , when a clown on Scoobynet tried to rip me off by not sending an intercooler I had bought , but that is another story .

I would love to have time to do all work on my car . I am more than able , being an engineer to trade and having worked as a motorcycle mechanic for a bit too . I have built choppers , classic British bikes , drag bikes , classic MG cars , Landrover V8 as well as lots of other

stuff . But circumstances change , and these days I have neither the time or facilities to do my own work.

I am fussy about who works on my car , and Greersport and Andy Forrest are the only ones I trust  .

I am in no way connected with Greersport - in case anyone thinks this is an advert , but I think it a shame that out of loads of happy punters , one or two unhappy ones can blacken their good name .

I'll certainly keep using them , and I'm sure I'll still meet lots of you guys when I'm down there .

All IMHO of course ,

Al.

I for one have seen the stated car getting work done at Greers that day..It's a Black STI8 Type Uk...if i am correct.

I don't know who fitted his mud flaps but it's been fitted wrong...the metal bracket is supposed to be behind/in front of the flaps and not sandwiched between the body work and the flaps.Did he relised that????I DON'T THINKS SO.

I am not defending Greers here but i am telling yous what i saw.

1.The wrapped and ported headers was laying on the garage floor under the car.It was all in pieces as they are when it's been taken apart.I had a right good look at them to see what porting has been done and thought to my self that it wasn't worth the £..... as Bill has ported/fitted original headers but not wrapped on G.Mac's car for alot and i mean ALOT LESS.

2.Then i noticed that on the collector pipe(where 4 pipes goes into one) it was COMPLETED wrapped and that there was no lambda sensor boss on it.So i asked Bill why this was as i knew there should have been one as i have a newage car?He said these ported headers may have came off an classic and the lambda was on the start of the downpipe on a classic..I thought ok then as i didn't know.

3.The ported/wrapped up pipe that was there was a new up pipe and not a ported original as it was a slip joint affair.It also have a egt boss which a newage STI don't have but Alan just blocked it off.Why was he sent an up pipe for a WRX and not a STI?

I have a Magnex slip joint up pipe with no egt boss...so they do make them.

4.He also had a Full decat fitted by Greersport aswell from Scooby world(i think)..upon opening the packaging for the decat downpipe and decat centre section Bill said that they did not supply a fitting kit(gasket) with the exhaust.The start of this downpipe had a lambda boss on it as well as the decat center pipe.I thought this was strange as the lambda/o2 sensor on newage STI should be on the/infront of the center cat and not on the downpipe.

5.I asked Alan/Bill where is the lambda from the header was going to go?.They said that they will put it on the downpipe where there is a spare lambda boss.OK i thought as classic has that set up which i have just learnt.

So maybe the lambda wiring wasn't long enough to stretch to the downpipe from the headers and that was the reason for not being able to fit the lambda.I don't know why but i will ask Bill about this when i see him next time when i'mgetting my new turbo fitted[:D]

At this point i had to leave to go back to my work so i did'nt see the finished job as i would liked to been there to hear what the Scoobyword Afterburner sound like.

Sometimes it's not the garage fault if the stuff brought in for fitting it's not complete with all the stuff that it's needed to fit it.I have done this myself in the past.

So my point is that there is aways 2 side to every story and that you do need to be there to see for yourself what the script was.

Also the guy said he had to wait for 8 hours in the garage.....i don't think so as he disappeared in a Black Skoda Fabia VRS as i wanted to speak to him about the mud flaps.I do speak to alot of scooby owners when i'm down there and try to promote SIDC too.

If he was that unhappy......did he gave them the chance to sort the problem out?

Rant over and i'm sorry if it's the wrong car that i am thinking of.

greer's ?????

fooking fantastic in my honest opinion !!!!!

been down to them for info and repair !! and on both counts have been nothing short of absolutely excellent !!

especially jason and bill

fantastic guy's ! really !!

and no i am not advertising !! as i have only spent a sum total of £10 sterling there in 5 visits !!

and that 10 spot was to replace my clutch pedal !!

greers in my humble opinion are way up there on the customer satisfaction !!

Well said Peter,  

There is two sides to every story,

And the seconde side to the story is usally the truth and the one you dont hear about, as companys cant really comment on what 

t i t s, timewasters, and scamers  they have through there doors.

Well not on an open forum anyway lol.[:D]

A very sad story this... I think any greaviences should have been take to Greers themselves, at least give the bloody guys a chance!!

I've spoke with these guys on the phone a few times, and i have had nothing but 100% help on every occasion, so i dont think they would send you out in a car and leave you high n dry without reason.

PETE.. if you want to hear an Afterburner, I'm only up the road buddy. Angled exit n all [:D]

why hasnt anyone replied to the original thread on scoobynet rather than on here, as thats where the post is sitting?

Cos Snet is sh1t!!! and someone was kind enough to post a link to the thread for us to read and comment on.  [:D]

Bit of a no brainer here but it makes no sense reading the link on here then go and log into snet to reply  [*-)]

That's like asking for a pint of lager but having it in shot glasses!!![:D]

The point is the garage done a bad job! No matter how many people praise them and try ther best to remove there heads from the offenders arse, they still apparently did a bad job! It happens, humans make mistakes! But every1 is entitled to an opinion and sometimes on here its not allowed to be voiced!

I just spoke to greers and Bill is very unhappy about this miss understanding matter.

As i said there is always 2 side to every story.

This is what Bill said to me this afternoon.

The guy supply the bits that was needed and the headers was all completed wrapped including over the lambda boss on which Bill didn't know it was there as it was underneath the wrapping.Once everything was fitted Bill thought the leak was coming from the gasket at the join between the headers and up pipe.He even told the guy about this and the guy put his hand up there to feel for himself.So Bill told him to get a new gasket.He couldn't get one from Nobles but one was available ay S&S.He paid for it over the phone with S&S and Jason went to collect it.

So the new gasket was fitted and the blow was still there!!!Upon further looking Bill then and only found out that the leak was coming from the lambda boss which was now partially showing.Bill then got a old lambda and fitted it....Job done.

Bill never charged the guy for the second day's work and collecting the part from S&S and the old lambda......how fair is Bill towards this guy.

Plus Bill didn't charge him for the 8 hours that they worked on the car and only charged him the quoted 4/5 hour price.

BTW

The car didn't leave Greersport with the lambda unplugged as it was fitted on to the bend at the down pipe just as i thought it would be.

Bill is phoning this guy now and to sort out what misunderstanding there maybe.

Like i said there is always 2 side to every story.

Personally i think it should now be left to the 3 parties involved to sort it out between them.

All this he said/ she said/ they said chinese whispers sh1t generally makes things worse.

Like the guy, can't remember his name, something like "Craphat" said on snet, yeah maybe he should have dealt with it different b4 posting but as we ALL make mistakes at some point may aswell let THEM get on with it now.

P.S  Dave (drb5) PMSL with your snet post [:D]. You after some free gear from Harvey or what???  [:D]

I was simply giving him some good feed back. I thought that was what your supposed to do, when you get good workmanship???

Wasn't going to post anymore on this subject, as i've already had enough abuse for this.