JAPFEST...WAS IT GOOD FOR YOU OPINIONS PLEASE

Well I have been going for the last 5 years or so, I know all at The SIDC and RO's worked hard to make the new spot our very own [:D]

Unfortunately I felt Club area was right "Out of the way" although veiwing at at great spot our cars were "Tucked" away in the back of beyond.

1)  Are we just the victims of our own success because of the amount of Subarus ?

2)  Organisers concern it was becoming a Scoobyfest and put in the back of beyond?

3) Our track time was sooo late in the day nearly everyone had gone home, another "Out of the way" slot !!

any other opinions

Tony

ps the weather was cr4p again but that's Big Phils fault [:D]

Tony i was fortunate enough to be on the "other" SIDC stand but i thought the other was well out of the way. Not so much a show area as an out of the way area. I think the Club is a victim of its own success. Id still rather be there though than in the door dingers area.

JACQUI HERE:-

My personal view of the stand that although we are our own victims of success we still had a good spot.

we were close to amunities, had a good amount of space that ment we didnt have the "1 metre between cars rule" and we were the 1st thing that the visits show as they walked through our stand to get to track side or the burger vans etc.

I did try to find the area in the trade area but i cant remember seeing it!

Had a great day, track, food etc close to hand, admittedly there was a walk to the main stands, but would rather that than be packed in door handle to doorhandle like last year[:D] was an excellent day, good to catch up with old friends & meet new peeps [:D][:P]

Hi guys

Victim of our own success yes perhaps

I thought the area we had for club parking was far better than previous

We were able to spread out and given a little more time we could have plotted out regional areas even better

With better weather I would have expected BBQ's springing up and having a great time in our area

The problem is that we can either limit the numbers and have a small stand and alienate members by telling them its general parking only or make sure we have enough space for all

The "Best of SIDC" stand was great but I am sure members would be upset if these were the only cars we catered for

As for the track time this is usually drawn at random and tbh we have always been treated very well. We did moan but at that stage all the track time had already been sent out

Thanks for your thoughts though we will of course take them in to consideration

Victim of our own success yes perhaps

I thought the area we had for club parking was far better than previous

We were able to spread out and given a little more time we could have plotted out regional areas even better

Agreed [H]

The problem is that we can either limit the numbers and have a small stand and alienate members by telling them its general parking only or make sure we have enough space for all

We could just say Feck Redline and Boycot the event and watch it drown in it's own vomit [:D] Sorry not saying  "We" the "SIDC" are bigger than the Event, but if the "SICD" hadn't been there Japfest wouldn't have evolved IMHO

The "Best of SIDC" stand was great but I am sure members would be upset if these were the only cars we catered for

As for the track time this is usually drawn at random and tbh we have always been treated very well. We did moan but at that stage all the track time had already been sent out

The "Best of SIDC" stand was great,

agreed [:D] because they were near the "action" our "SIDC" stand was nearer to Silverstone than at Castle Coombe.

Perhaps as a Club we will have to accept any old Sh1te, Ther SIDC were once the  "D1 drifters" or " top spot"

Peraps time to knock "Japfest on then head"  as it's no longer viable as a Scooby venue IMHO

Tony

I thought the location was okay....there were lots of people at Quarry all day anyway so wasn't that far from the public and it wasn't that far to walk up to the trade area/hardstanding.

On a negative note though I thought the target audience of this event has changed slightly to a younger crowd and it was visible just walking around and from the quality of some of the trade stands.

Trade stands were poor for Scooby owners. I did get stuck into the meguiers stand even though they did'nt have any offers on. Club area was good, large enough, near to the action and close to the entrance/exit without having to fight through the crowds. With a lot of these shows weather is an important factor. If it had been hot and the BBQ's were out etc I think the comments would be much more positive. On the whole I thought the organisation was a lot better than last year.

We had a good day, it was our first Japfest and I dare say it will not be our last.

The club stand was more of a private car park than a club area and, being such didn't let people see the size of the club, perhaps there should have been something on the Best of SIDC stand to let people know that there were more cars to look at at the main club stand.

Personally I think the organisers treated us well. We had the Best of SIDC stand in a prime area giving the club maximum visibility to everyone that attended while also providing us with an area big enough to facilitate everyone that wanted to go. No other car club had as many cars there as us, by a long shot and having a bigger stand in the main area would still have meant the majority of us would have had to park in the general car parks instead of a scooby only one. I think all in all a happy medium was reached.

The track time was the biggest let down. I would have liked to see club members going round and get a few photos but the time was just too late. If, as Phil says, the running order is picked out of a hat (Which would make sense) then there is little you can do about it. At least it is fair for everyone.

Well it was my first JapFest and I enjoyed the day.  Having heard the horror stories from last year, I wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it turned out well, considering.  It can't be easy to accommodate a club as big as ours (definitely victims of our own success) - it's another example of how you can't please all of the people all of the time.  I agree that our stand was a little 'out of the way', but how could they have made it any closer?  The only way to do that would have been to oust many of the other smaller clubs, who then wouldn't have had a look-in at all.  At least we did have our 15 cars in the main area (but a sign about the main area could have been useful, as mentioned above) and the some of the public would have had to walk through our area to get to the show.

And remember, it was the JapFest, not a ScoobyFest, so we couldn't be allowed to take over the show, as we easily could have done as a result of our size.  So they gave us a dedicated parking area, but had to put it out of the way so that the other clubs could fit in.  Otherwise they would certainly have received complaints from everyone else who was there to support other clubs and see a range of Jap cars.  I suppose it was the best compromise they could do.  The track time was a unfortunate, but it sounds as though that was just bad luck of the draw. 

All in all I thought it was a good day and you could see that the organisers had tried hard to please everyone - even if they couldn't please them all.  I'll be going again next year and I just hope the weather is better - I agree that the weather alone can make a big difference to these events.  [:D]

For me and many others we did feel a bit out of the way but where else are we going to go???

The position we were in last year was perfect for watching a bit of track action and having a bbq etc at the same time but i guess its just not big enough for all.

I suppose we could of had a small area more central but then that means cutting down on the numbers, you cant win!!!!!.

My 1st JapFest.

Firtly, many thanks for Phil & Karyn for organising a paddock pass for me at the last minute.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, the drifting was very impressive.

Anyone spot the strange reg on one of the SWS Scoobies?

Like I said..I just didn't like the general crowd there much.....it was way, way more boy racer/chav than a couple of years ago but I suppose that's the downside of an event becoming more well known etc.

The SIDC area could be missed quite easily if you weren't actually looking for it which was a shame.....maybe some massive signs on Quarry would help next year.

And remember, it was the JapFest, not a ScoobyFest, so we couldn't be allowed to take over the show, as we easily could have done as a result of our size. .......  I suppose it was the best compromise they could do.  The track time was a unfortunate, but it sounds as though that was just bad luck of the draw. 

Agreed but I do take my Scoob there to be "Seen" even in 2002 when badly dented it was there for all to see [:D]

The SIDC area could be missed quite easily if you weren't actually looking for it which was a shame.....maybe some massive signs on Quarry would help next year.

I was asked "There was shed loads last year??" "We are all here!!!" "Why only a very small SIDC stand this year?" "Thats just for color and shine Comp" "We are in Quarry car park " "Where I didn't notice them??"

I doubt if any more than 10% knew "We" were there. Perhaps I'm just becoming a miserable Old git

Tony

Ps I'm very proud of my club SIDC, RO's and Commitee and have allways do us Proud [:D]

Perhaps I'm just becoming a miserable Old git

Tony

Ps I'm very proud of my club SIDC, RO's and Commitee and have allways do us Proud [:D]

BECOMING ????????

LOL ...........Tony your thoughts are always welcome mate

We continue to discuss ways to improve our attendance at shows with organisers and take all comments on board

Japfest II yes we will be there [:D]

Big thanks to

Craig and Tanya  for there work in organising the club stand

Had a great day -- was privileged to be no SIDC stand myself. 

I did direct people to the main club area but must admit it was

well away from other stands.

LOL ...........Tony your thoughts are always welcome mate

We continue to discuss ways to improve our attendance at shows with organisers and take all comments on board

I know you do, hence my comments [:D]

Japfest II yes we will be there

Sorry next year will be Japfest V [:D]

Japfest II  30 September 2006  Donington Park

Gosh I dumb [;)]

Well it was my 1st Japfest and i enjoyed it, mainly because of my mate TONY for taking me out in his car and showing what a scoob can really do.

Warby glad i broke you in gently [:(]

Tony